Register now to remove this ad

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 379

Thread: Harper and Machado

  1. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The problem with taking a revenue percentage is the books are private for the most part and the number can be a moving target. If the players want to really make inroads, they need to shorten the pre-arb and arb process to 4 years. That will see a massive influx of free agents in the 24-26 age range and make contracts go bonkers. It will also really pare down the team friendly extensions these young guys sign to lock in a real payday but heavily underpay the kids as they mature
    Why would the owners agree to this? The whole point is to have the player under contract for a reasonable amount of time commeasurable to their investment.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  2. #167
    Talk of the Marlins ticket line reminds me of a guy who was spotted trying to scalp Rays tickets. When the stadium was always 1/3 empty.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  3. #168
    Now the Giants are in on Harper. This ought to speed tings up...

  4. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Now the Giants are in on Harper. This ought to speed tings up...
    Let's see if they end up bidding against themselves, a la Texas and A-Rod.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  5. #170
    rumor has it that the Yankees offer to Machado was for $200MM
    other names i have posted under: none

  6. #171
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    27,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    rumor has it that the Yankees offer to Machado was for $200MM
    For 8 years? 7?

  7. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    For 8 years? 7?
    unclear at this point:

    New York has made an offer to Machado for $220 million over seven to eight years, according to baseball analyst and former MLB general manager Jim Duquette.
    other names i have posted under: none

  8. #173
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    27,002
    Is Washington's initial offer still on the table?

    If yes, why hasn't he taken it already?

  9. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    unclear at this point:

    New York has made an offer to Machado for $220 million over seven to eight years, according to baseball analyst and former MLB general manager Jim Duquette.
    Ah Jim Duquette. The man who actually made all of the mistakes everyone attributes to Steve Phillips...

  10. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    unclear at this point:

    New York has made an offer to Machado for $220 million over seven to eight years, according to baseball analyst and former MLB general manager Jim Duquette.
    The rumors were unconfirmed as of yesterday. Has there been a new development since?

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pin...voit-prospects

  11. #176
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    21,795
    There's another report floating out there that the White Sox offer to Machado was 8/250 (rather than the 7/175 originally reported).
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  12. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    The rumors were unconfirmed as of yesterday. Has there been a new development since?

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pin...voit-prospects
    i dont think so. i hope he ends up costing them more than $220MM....
    other names i have posted under: none

  13. #178

  14. #179
    The Yanks may have been in on Machado, but once we inked Lemahieu, our cap number rose past the first lux tax line. Signing Manny or Harper would put us over or dangerously close to that final barrier. I don't think Cashman will ever cross that with the draft penalty attached. I can definitively say we are out on either of them unless we trade off a commensurate contract.
    The rebuild is complete.

  15. #180
    So Brett Lawrie, out of baseball sonce 2016, signed a contract before Harper and Machado. How many more names will come of of the recycle bin before these two actually sign somewhere?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •