Register now to remove this ad

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 226 to 237 of 237

Thread: Harper and Machado

  1. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    will be interesting to see the details of this contract.
    wonder if it's team friendly the first few years a la the Stanton/Marlins contract? with SD having an eye to trade him before the really big $$$ years kick in.....
    MLBTR...

    Machado will receive the $300MM on a fairly evenly spread basis, with the opt-out chance midway through the deal.

    There are some key elements of the deal still to be worked out, per Jon Heyman of MLB Network (Twitter link). Notably, the sides have yet to hammer out terms on trade protection.

  2. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    He only plays 61% of his games in California...
    Would depend on interleague schedule year to year.

    I'm also not sure the tax implications of Spring Training. Do they only get paid on a per game basis? Spring Training isn't included in that? Off days?

    This is why I was an auditor, not a tax accountant.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyWilliams View Post
    Dan Clark is an award winning baseball writer who is a member of the IBWAA and has worked for Fox sports, the Daily Telegraph as well as MASN.

    While he might not be as well known as Olney or Rosenthal, he's far from a nobody.......
    "where’s that fake reporter dude who swore Manny had a deal with the Yankees on January 2nd" - Keith Law on Dan Clark

  3. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Would depend on interleague schedule year to year.

    I'm also not sure the tax implications of Spring Training. Do they only get paid on a per game basis? Spring Training isn't included in that? Off days?

    This is why I was an auditor, not a tax accountant.
    Auditors, the scum of the accounting world!!

  4. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    auditors, the scum of the accounting world!!
    lol
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  5. #230
    PECOTA projection for Pads was 77-85 before Manny's news, how should be the projection after they signed Manny?

  6. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by jportilloromero View Post
    PECOTA projection for Pads was 77-85 before Manny's news, how should be the projection after they signed Manny?
    82-80
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  7. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    MLBTR...

    Machado will receive the $300MM on a fairly evenly spread basis, with the opt-out chance midway through the deal.

    There are some key elements of the deal still to be worked out, per Jon Heyman of MLB Network (Twitter link). Notably, the sides have yet to hammer out terms on trade protection.
    Dang, just when I started to have some faith in GMs not signing players to these crazy contracts.

    All I can think is stupid, stupid, stupid.

  8. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by jportilloromero View Post
    PECOTA projection for Pads was 77-85 before Manny's news, how should be the projection after they signed Manny?
    As of the moment I am posting this, they are 79-83.

  9. #234
    I'll go on record predicting the Padres will regret this, depending on the opt out or not.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    i am just a worthless liar, i am just an imbecile

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  10. #235
    Should be interesting to see if Boras can get a better deal for Harper. On the face of it , Machado is the better player of the two .

  11. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Should be interesting to see if Boras can get a better deal for Harper. On the face of it , Machado is the better player of the two .
    They're almost identical based on their career...ah, never mind.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  12. #237
    Which will decline quicker?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    i am just a worthless liar, i am just an imbecile

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •