Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

You guys do a great job.

Thank you!
    100% agree!

I appreciate the non micro managing.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Just delete all of moonslav's posts and that will knock the threads down to about 200 posts....

Seriously though, use search?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    The Mods are unpaid and don't have time for this kind of work. If you want to talk about a topic that you can't readily find, just make your own post.
    I thought making new threads was frowned upon.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    It's true, I'm very insubstantial.

At least during the offseason. I just don't get as invested in discussions about contracts and minor leaguers as I do in the regular-season happenings. But I assure you I log on every day and check up on things. Deleting spam threads, mostly. Also, now that I am an admin and not just a mod, I am able to manually approve each new user, which is why you guys might have noticed a downtick in the amount of "free video game gold" and other advertising topics.

But yes, you guys do generally do a good job of policing yourselves. I know some of you don't get along, but I'm not going to start kicking people off the site for being mean to each other, unless it gets ridiculous. Everything runs smoothly without me and JB micromanaging everything. Splitting threads would just add more clutter and push active discussions into the second and third pages of every sub-board.
    I was not taking a shot at you. I apologize if thats how you read it. If anything I was giving all the members a pat on the back because everyone behaves, for the most part.

Except Seabeachfred.

He Who Must Not Be Named!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    He Who Must Not Be Named!
    Is “He Who Constantly Refers To John Henry as Prune Face” acceptable? It does feel a tad cumbersome...

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I thought making new threads was frowned upon.
    Yeah. I tried it...once..and was quickly rebuked by a self-appointed moderate/sheriff, probably because I came from the old BDC and wasn't one of "us".

I haven't tried it since.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Yeah. I tried it...once..and was quickly rebuked by a self-appointed moderate/sheriff, probably because I came from the old BDC and wasn't one of "us".

Things have loosened up here in that regard, I think.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    I’ve made numerous new threads and will make more. There have been some complaints, but some of these threads have gone on for several pages as well. And if the topic is specific enough, they can focus on one specific discussion. At least until they diverge, which they often do. But such is life on message boards. Frankly, I don’t see the big deal in making new threads.

And while some view is BDC veterans as the outsiders, it’s not like they’re not participating in new threads. If the discussion is interesting enough, people will join and either or drift the messages into a more interesting and fun topic. The fact that I started s multiple page thread on Matt Tuiasosopo certainly proves this...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I’ve made numerous new threads and will make more. There have been some complaints, but some of these threads have gone on for several pages as well. And if the topic is specific enough, they can focus on one specific discussion. At least until they diverge, which they often do. But such is life on message boards. Frankly, I don’t see the big deal in making new threads.

And while some view is BDC veterans as the outsiders, it’s not like they’re not participating in new threads. If the discussion is interesting enough, people will join and either or drift the messages into a more interesting and fun topic. The fact that I started s multiple page thread on Matt Tuiasosopo certainly proves this...
    I have started a few new threads myself and will once again I'm sure. if more people started new threads, I really think that more people would participate. I would like to think that a goal of any forum might be to expand readership and participation. Likely not going to get that without some fresh topics and ideas to discuss.

All-Star

I still catch a whiff of this sentiment now and then (which, now close to three years since we migrated here, is kind of puzzling), and it's one reason I don't post nearly as much as I otherwise might.

And your post was subsequently merged into another thread by a moderator. So?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    I still catch a whiff of this sentiment now and then (which, now close to three years since we migrated here, is kind of puzzling), and it's one reason I don't post nearly as much as I otherwise might.
    this is a shame because you were always one of my favorite reads....
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    Don't feel that way anymore. That's all pretty much gone now.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.