Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 103

Thread: To the Board Administrators

  1. #16
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56,053
    I say we double YOTN's pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sheik View Post
    Devers? Number 1! Mayer? Number 2? Bloom? Haack-ptooey!

  2. #17
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    26,666
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    You guys do a great job.

    Thank you!
    100% agree!

    I appreciate the non micro managing.

  3. #18
    "Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,155
    Just delete all of moonslav's posts and that will knock the threads down to about 200 posts....

    Seriously though, use search?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  4. #19
    "Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,155
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    The Mods are unpaid and don't have time for this kind of work. If you want to talk about a topic that you can't readily find, just make your own post.
    I thought making new threads was frowned upon.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  5. #20
    Legend SCM33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    It's true, I'm very insubstantial.

    At least during the offseason. I just don't get as invested in discussions about contracts and minor leaguers as I do in the regular-season happenings. But I assure you I log on every day and check up on things. Deleting spam threads, mostly. Also, now that I am an admin and not just a mod, I am able to manually approve each new user, which is why you guys might have noticed a downtick in the amount of "free video game gold" and other advertising topics.

    But yes, you guys do generally do a good job of policing yourselves. I know some of you don't get along, but I'm not going to start kicking people off the site for being mean to each other, unless it gets ridiculous. Everything runs smoothly without me and JB micromanaging everything. Splitting threads would just add more clutter and push active discussions into the second and third pages of every sub-board.
    I was not taking a shot at you. I apologize if thats how you read it. If anything I was giving all the members a pat on the back because everyone behaves, for the most part.

    Except Seabeachfred.

  6. #21
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56,053
    He Who Must Not Be Named!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sheik View Post
    Devers? Number 1! Mayer? Number 2? Bloom? Haack-ptooey!

  7. #22
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    33,624
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    He Who Must Not Be Named!
    Is “He Who Constantly Refers To John Henry as Prune Face” acceptable? It does feel a tad cumbersome...

  8. #23
    Legend S5Dewey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    6,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I thought making new threads was frowned upon.
    Yeah. I tried it...once..and was quickly rebuked by a self-appointed moderate/sheriff, probably because I came from the old BDC and wasn't one of "us".

    I haven't tried it since.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

  9. #24
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    40,012
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Yeah. I tried it...once..and was quickly rebuked by a self-appointed moderate/sheriff, probably because I came from the old BDC and wasn't one of "us".

    I haven't tried it since.
    Things have loosened up here in that regard, I think.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

  10. #25
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    33,624
    I’ve made numerous new threads and will make more. There have been some complaints, but some of these threads have gone on for several pages as well. And if the topic is specific enough, they can focus on one specific discussion. At least until they diverge, which they often do. But such is life on message boards. Frankly, I don’t see the big deal in making new threads.

    And while some view is BDC veterans as the outsiders, it’s not like they’re not participating in new threads. If the discussion is interesting enough, people will join and either or drift the messages into a more interesting and fun topic. The fact that I started s multiple page thread on Matt Tuiasosopo certainly proves this...

  11. #26
    Deity
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10,081
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I’ve made numerous new threads and will make more. There have been some complaints, but some of these threads have gone on for several pages as well. And if the topic is specific enough, they can focus on one specific discussion. At least until they diverge, which they often do. But such is life on message boards. Frankly, I don’t see the big deal in making new threads.

    And while some view is BDC veterans as the outsiders, it’s not like they’re not participating in new threads. If the discussion is interesting enough, people will join and either or drift the messages into a more interesting and fun topic. The fact that I started s multiple page thread on Matt Tuiasosopo certainly proves this...
    I have started a few new threads myself and will once again I'm sure. if more people started new threads, I really think that more people would participate. I would like to think that a goal of any forum might be to expand readership and participation. Likely not going to get that without some fresh topics and ideas to discuss.

  12. #27
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Yeah. I tried it...once..and was quickly rebuked by a self-appointed moderate/sheriff, probably because I came from the old BDC and wasn't one of "us".

    I haven't tried it since.
    I still catch a whiff of this sentiment now and then (which, now close to three years since we migrated here, is kind of puzzling), and it's one reason I don't post nearly as much as I otherwise might.

  13. #28
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    56,053
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Yeah. I tried it...once..and was quickly rebuked by a self-appointed moderate/sheriff, probably because I came from the old BDC and wasn't one of "us".

    I haven't tried it since.
    And your post was subsequently merged into another thread by a moderator. So?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sheik View Post
    Devers? Number 1! Mayer? Number 2? Bloom? Haack-ptooey!

  14. #29
    Deity Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    I still catch a whiff of this sentiment now and then (which, now close to three years since we migrated here, is kind of puzzling), and it's one reason I don't post nearly as much as I otherwise might.
    this is a shame because you were always one of my favorite reads....
    other names i have posted under: none

  15. #30
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    40,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    I still catch a whiff of this sentiment now and then (which, now close to three years since we migrated here, is kind of puzzling), and it's one reason I don't post nearly as much as I otherwise might.
    Don't feel that way anymore. That's all pretty much gone now.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •