Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To the Board Administrators

To the Board Administrators

I think that it would make for much more friendlier usage of this board if you folks could find a way to divide some of the threads that
    have have lengthened out to over 100+ pages.

It is difficult, at least for me, on these long, long threads to find specific topics and reply to them. If the administration could go through these long threads and
    break them down into specific topics the board may get more posts with deeper thoughts.

Maybe hire Jack Handy for even more deeper thoughts!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Maybe hire Jack Handy for even more deeper thoughts!

“If you load $20 to a person, and you never see that person again, it was probably worth it...”

Quote Originally Posted by radatz17 View Post
    I think that it would make for much more friendlier usage of this board if you folks could find a way to divide some of the threads that
    have have lengthened out to over 100+ pages.

It is difficult, at least for me, on these long, long threads to find specific topics and reply to them. If the administration could go through these long threads and
    break them down into specific topics the board may get more posts with deeper thoughts.
    The Mods are unpaid and don't have time for this kind of work. If you want to talk about a topic that you can't readily find, just make your own post.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    “If you load $20 to a person, and you never see that person again, it was probably worth it...”
    Ah, come on! You didn't like...

"Instead of building newer and larger weapons of mass destruction, I think mankind should try to get more use out of the ones we have"

"I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend"

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

"One thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse"

"If I had a mine shaft, I don't think I would just abandon it. There's got to be a better way."

"Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?"

"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

"The people in the village were real poor, so none of the children had any toys. But this one little boy had gotten an old enema bag and filled it with rocks, and he would go around and whap the other children across the face with it. Man, I think my heart almost broke. Later the boy came up and offered to give me the toy. This was too much! I reached out my hand, but then he ran away. I chased him down and took the enema bag. He cried a little, but that's the way of these people."

"Laurie got offended that I used the word "puke." But to me, that's what her dinner tasted like."

"The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face"

Deity
    Hey I was working from memory here!...

"Instead of building newer and larger weapons of mass destruction, I think mankind should try to get more use out of the ones we have"

"I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend"

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

"One thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse"

"If I had a mine shaft, I don't think I would just abandon it. There's got to be a better way."

"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

"The people in the village were real poor, so none of the children had any toys. But this one little boy had gotten an old enema bag and filled it with rocks, and he would go around and whap the other children across the face with it. Man, I think my heart almost broke. Later the boy came up and offered to give me the toy. This was too much! I reached out my hand, but then he ran away. I chased him down and took the enema bag. He cried a little, but that's the way of these people."

"Laurie got offended that I used the word "puke." But to me, that's what her dinner tasted like."

I remember those! My favorite is the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    The Mods are unpaid and don't have time for this kind of work. If you want to talk about a topic that you can't readily find, just make your own post.
    We barely have board administrators, and regardless, this has always been my favorite place to post. This place has always policed its own well.

Quote Originally Posted by radatz17 View Post
    If the administration could go through these long threads and break them down into specific topics the board may get more posts with deeper thoughts.
    LOL good one

There would honestly be almost no way to accurately do this and would take an absurd amount of work to break up over 1000s of posts in some threads, into separate threads. If there is anything specific you want to talk about, feel free to make a new thread, or discuss it any of the existing ones. Attempting to do this just isn't worth the time and effort.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    We barely have board administrators, and regardless, this has always been my favorite place to post. This place has always policed its own well.
    It's true, I'm very insubstantial.

At least during the offseason. I just don't get as invested in discussions about contracts and minor leaguers as I do in the regular-season happenings. But I assure you I log on every day and check up on things. Deleting spam threads, mostly. Also, now that I am an admin and not just a mod, I am able to manually approve each new user, which is why you guys might have noticed a downtick in the amount of "free video game gold" and other advertising topics.

But yes, you guys do generally do a good job of policing yourselves. I know some of you don't get along, but I'm not going to start kicking people off the site for being mean to each other, unless it gets ridiculous. Everything runs smoothly without me and JB micromanaging everything. Splitting threads would just add more clutter and push active discussions into the second and third pages of every sub-board.
    Last edited by Youk Of The Nation; 03-26-2019 at 03:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

You guys do a great job.

Thank you!
    Sox 4 Ever

You guys do a great job.

Thank you!
    +1!!!

Deity

Great stuff. All made me laugh out loud in the dentists chair. First time for me. Thanks.

Deity
    You guys do a great job.

Thank you!

Agree. Talksox is terrific.