Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Troy Tulowitzki

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The Suitcase Hall of Fame! I like it.
    Some people are trying to turn it into the Suitcase Hall of Very Good and I don't like it already!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Some people are trying to turn it into the Suitcase Hall of Very Good and I don't like it already!

As I told you before, it’s the Suitcase Hall of Fame, not the Suitcase Hall of Awesomeness...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    According to Tim Brown and Jeff Passan from Yahoo, the Red Sox were one of the teams with a representative in attendance for Tulowitzki’s fielding and hitting audition. More surprising, according to Brown, Tulowitzki was impressive.

No idea beyond maybe due diligence why the Sox chose to attend...
    You always want to see what a guy has - he is a former MVP-level player. But this is not Josh Donaldson - who while getting a 5-win season is unlikely, it's not impossible. The Yankees don't lose much here (they have a ton of payroll room), but the reward is probably going to be low too.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    You always want to see what a guy has - he is a former MVP-level player. But this is not Josh Donaldson - who while getting a 5-win season is unlikely, it's not impossible. The Yankees don't lose much here (they have a ton of payroll room), but the reward is probably going to be low too.
    If the Blue Jays even remotely thought Tulowitzki had a 5 win season left in him, he’d still be a Blue Jay. It’s not like he’s blocking Carlos Correa here.

I don’t blame the Yankees (or any team) for trying, but my guess is by April, they’ll see what Toronto saw.

The big loser in all this is Ronald Torreyes, who is wondering exactly what he did to not get any shot to be Didi’s short term replacement...

Legend
    If the Blue Jays even remotely thought Tulowitzki had a 5 win season left in him, he’d still be a Blue Jay. It’s not like he’s blocking Carlos Correa here.

I don’t blame the Yankees (or any team) for trying, but my guess is by April, they’ll see what Toronto saw.

The big loser in all this is Ronald Torreyes, who is wondering exactly what he did to not get any shot to be Didi’s short term replacement...
    Right, I meant that a team signing Donaldson hoping he can be a 5-win player (not expecting, hoping) is not crazy. It's a decent value play. Tulo is nothing like that - the best/worst that can happen is for Tulo to have a good spring and capture Boone's heart for a month the way Grady Sizemore did for us, before turning into the pumpkin that was expected.

Single A
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The Suitcase Hall of Fame! I like it.
    lol....The Suitcase Called and Came....

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post

Would you consider Oliver Drake for the Suicase Hall of Fame?

Drake was acquired by the Rays today. He has already pitched for 6 teams in a four year MLB career. Tampa will make 7.

Suitcase Hall of Fame? Or Suitcase Hall of Very Good?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    Right, I meant that a team signing Donaldson hoping he can be a 5-win player (not expecting, hoping) is not crazy. It's a decent value play. Tulo is nothing like that - the best/worst that can happen is for Tulo to have a good spring and capture Boone's heart for a month the way Grady Sizemore did for us, before turning into the pumpkin that was expected.
    Of course the cost of hoping for 5 wins from Donaldson did cost $22.45 million more than it did to wish upon a Tulowitzki...

Of course the cost of hoping for 5 wins from Donaldson did cost $22.45 million more than it did to wish upon a Tulowitzki...
    Tulo is not going to be a 5 WAR player. That said, it's possible that he could be a 2 WAR player. If we had any kind of need for him, and had the space for him, I'd take him for the major league minimum.

Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances.

Step right up!

All-Star
    Satchel Paige should be the President of the Suitcase Hall of Fame... and an inducted member too. That would give him membership in at least 3 Hall of Fames.