Register now to remove this ad

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 226 to 235 of 235

Thread: What would a Betts extension be?

  1. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    It's a great price when you disregard the 10 years attached to it.
    "Besides that, how did you like the play, Mrs Lincoln?"
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  2. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    You're way short for a ten year contract, his agent wouldn't let him take that when he should be able to get $300 mil elsewhere.
    That's why his remaining deal with the Yanks is good for the Yanks, unless he starts sucking sooner than expected.

  3. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The problem with the Stanton deal was paying him and giving up prospects to get him.

    In today's FA market, Stanton for $220M/10 is a bargain.
    Correction: 2028 is a team option year so it's actually 9 years left.

    FWIW a lot of Yankee fans are less than enamored with Stanton's deal and think it has a lot to do with not going after Machado or Harper.

    One of the reasons is they think Stanton can't really play the field any more and will soon be a full time DH.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  4. #229
    Heís more than capable of being a good OFer. His UZR/150ís have been good to really good. His issue with the Marlins was soft tissue type injuries and the guy is built like an Adonis. He pulls muscles and heís out longer than most. Hence, keeping him as a DH increases his durability

  5. #230
    I would much rather have JD and his 5 year contract than Stanton and his 10 year contract.

  6. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I would much rather have JD and his 5 year contract than Stanton and his 10 year contract.
    Just so I got it straight, you prefer a contract with all 5 years at and post 30 year old years old at $22M versus a contract with 3 years under 30 plus 6 at and post 30 years old at $22M.

    (Note: I prefer JD, too, because JD>GS.)


  7. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I would much rather have JD and his 5 year contract than Stanton and his 10 year contract.
    JDís contract is a 2 year deal dressed up as a 5 year deal. Of course youíd rather that type of deal, everyone would

  8. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Correction: 2028 is a team option year so it's actually 9 years left.

    FWIW a lot of Yankee fans are less than enamored with Stanton's deal and think it has a lot to do with not going after Machado or Harper.

    One of the reasons is they think Stanton can't really play the field any more and will soon be a full time DH.
    Iím not sure who floated that narrative, but itís not supported by facts. Stanton is actually a good corner OFer. Gardner and Judge just happen to be better defensively. Stanton isnít a CFer. The only reason why we chose Stanton to almost exclusively DH is the injury risk. Stanton has had trouble staying on the field even in years where he doesnít take a ball in the grill. DHing him is the best way to ensure his bat is in the lineup.

    Also, Yankee fans who donít like his contract are stupid. His contract is not the reason we arenít chasing the big boys. The ridiculous AAV offered to both guys is the reason

  9. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Just so I got it straight, you prefer a contract with all 5 years at and post 30 year old years old at $22M versus a contract with 3 years under 30 plus 6 at and post 30 years old at $22M.

    (Note: I prefer JD, too, because JD>GS.)

    Yes, I do, but I do acknowledge that I might feel differently if JD had not performed so well last year.

    Also, saying that Stanton's contract is $22 mil a year is rather misleading. I get that for tax purposes, it's $22 mil, but that is not what the Yankees are paying him. For the 6 post 30 years, the Yankees will be paying Stanton between $29 and $32 mil a year. That's a significant difference over JD's max yearly amount.

  10. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Yes, I do, but I do acknowledge that I might feel differently if JD had not performed so well last year.

    Also, saying that Stanton's contract is $22 mil a year is rather misleading. I get that for tax purposes, it's $22 mil, but that is not what the Yankees are paying him. For the 6 post 30 years, the Yankees will be paying Stanton between $29 and $32 mil a year. That's a significant difference over JD's max yearly amount.
    True. Good point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •