Register now to remove this ad

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: What would a Betts extension be?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    No rush, but it would be unwise to ignore the potential need...
    I think they'll work it out this offseason. Xander and Sale's contracts were up first, so they got those done first. Makes sense to me.
    Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry33 View Post
    Betts is no dummy he seen what the other top elite players got for contracts Henry and the Red Sox got the money pay him or lose him. Mookie is one of the 5 top elite player in baseball and these idiots are trying chump change him. When will they learn didn't work for Lester and it won't work for Mookie either. They can pay 31 mil for Price 25 mil for Martinez and 21 mil for a middle of rotation pitcher in Porcello. Betts should get at least 35 mil plus on 10-12 year deal.
    Way too soon to say such thing. What if Betts has 2 meh seasons in a row? You think teams will be lining up to give him 350MIL?

He will be lucky to get the original offer the sox gave him for 200MIL if that happens then it will be considered stupid to what he did.

It's a gamble for him. Anything can happen in these 2 years.

But I can guarantee you he ain't getting a 350 MIL without hitting a similar year that he did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post
    Way too soon to say such thing. What if Betts has 2 meh seasons in a row? You think teams will be lining up to give him 350MIL?

He will be lucky to get the original offer the sox gave him for 200MIL if that happens then it will be considered stupid to what he did.

It's a gamble for him. Anything can happen in these 2 years.

But I can guarantee you he ain't getting a 350 MIL without hitting a similar year that he did last year.
    There's a gamble with any signing at anytime look at what happened with Pablo Sandoval. Waiting for Mookie to hit free agency just exposes him to other offers from more teams and likely when it reaches that point the player doesn't really care anymore about the former management the money will dictate where he signs.

There will be plenty of interest in Mookie Betts when the time come don't worry about it or make the Red Sox should be plenty worried.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I think they'll work it out this offseason. Xander and Sale's contracts were up first, so they got those done first. Makes sense to me.

It is possible. Bogaerts was reluctant to sign for a long time as well...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    It is possible. Bogaerts was reluctant to sign for a long time as well...
    I'll be more concerned about Betts' contract if he's not extended by next April. For now, there are more important things to worry about. Sox can pay any price they want to for Betts.
    Yuck!