Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Retirement

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    That’s not what I have in mind........if anything, I’ll need one in 7 more years.
    Meth lab?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Meth lab?
    maybe. I’ve been dealing with the worst people in the world for 13 years, maybe I’ll see what the hype is all about. My children have been strongly discouraged to pursue a career in law enforcement with the shit I’ve dealt with.

Might you be a correctional officer?
    Hal sucks

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    He works in the Trump administration. (rimshot!)

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    He works in the Trump administration. (rimshot!)
    I was a Correctional Officer for about 9 years. Been working with an ATF Task Force for the last 4 years.

You have know idea how many terrible people there are in this world. Such a shitty way to look at the world, but unfortunately, things are changing.....for the worse. Ive been surrounded by the worst the world has to offer for the last 13 years.

I cringe for my 2 children. 7 years cant come fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    I was a Correctional Officer for about 9 years. Been working with an ATF Task Force for the last 4 years.

You have know idea how many terrible people there are in this world. Such a shitty way to look at the world, but unfortunately, things are changing.....for the worse. Ive been surrounded by the worst the world has to offer for the last 13 years.

I cringe for my 2 children. 7 years cant come fast enough.
    I have known several corrections officers. No, I have never been incarcerated. Of my friends and family, that worked as corrections officers, half of them quit before retirement. It is a very tough job.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I work for the City and have a super good pension but likely won't be able to retire till I am 60.... Another 29 years to go lol. Also I am very lucky as my dad worked in a Steel plant his entire life and made ridiculous amounts of money. He helps me and my spouse out quite a bit and I think when he passes (hopefully not any time soon) he will leave me a pretty decent chunk of money. But yes it's a scary thought. Right now with my spouse on leave with our child and I make about 45,000 a year we are definitely struggling to get by. Life isn't easy with how expensive things are now days.

The thing with public work is that you get to retire more comfortably than you lived. Most pensions take the average of the final few years of service and that's what you get. So while you are getting abused for low pay early on, you don't have to save for retirement. Most people in the private sector are the exact opposite. You retire poorer than you lived.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Just thought I'd bump this up, because nobody likes to pat themselves on the back more than me .

Bitcoin currently up to $7,780. It was at $3,449 when we were talkin bout it (126% increase over 3 1/2 months )
    Bump 🤑

Bump ��
    Can you pay your mortgage with bitcoin?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Can you pay your mortgage with bitcoin?
    Only if you liquify it. But then you'd also have a capital gain so would need to set some aside to pay taxes.

Only if you liquify it. But then you'd also have a capital gain so would need to set some aside to pay taxes.
    I have allocated and sold bitcoin through GBTC so many times the past few months it isnt even funny. I never went in big, but I have made a lot of money off it
    Hal sucks

No, I have never been incarcerated.
    Yes you were. You were incarcerated in Alcatraz prison but then you broke free and have been on the run ever since.

Triple A
    If you look at the M1 (money supply), you better get yourselves three more jobs, because you are going to be a world of hurt in a couple of years (as you will need a lot of money). The Fed is a poor magician, it can take the rabbit out of the hat, but it can't put it back in. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M1SL

That’s my concern as well. 6% inflation is no joke and most of it has to do with increased demand and an inability to keep up the supply. When you’ve got ships full of goods that cannot be offloaded, you’ve got issues. We will eventually handle that, but printing money makes the country spend and when people have more money, the price of goods rises as demand rises