Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: Does anyone use TurboTax?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Does anyone use TurboTax?

    Trying to prepare for the tax season and will e-file myself for the first time.

    I hear lots of issues with the service.
    https://www.consumeraffairs.com/comp..._turbotax.html

    TurboxTax via the IRS site offer free e-files to those that qualified, I fall under that. Reading the issues makes me hesitant to use it.

  2. #2
    If your taxes are simple, no investment income, etc. My wife says it's fast & easy!
    Easy for me to say.... the guy who spent years avoiding doing taxes.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    If your taxes are simple, no investment income, etc. My wife says it's fast & easy!
    Easy for me to say.... the guy who spent years avoiding doing taxes.
    I do have more complicated tax forms like Schedule C, SE (self employed)to fill out! How complicated are those? LOL

    The accountant I use for years have retired. He has done my mom and dad taxes for over 20 years, and I filed there too.
    Last edited by Station 13; 01-06-2019 at 03:52 PM.

  4. #4
    By the end, I would have paid the $68,000 just to get them off of my back. It cost me a few grand in tax attorney fees, but it was worth it.

    Just ask around for a reputable tax preparer/ accountant familiar with business taxes. Sleep well!
    You will most definitely be lighter on your feet, happier, & more productive.

  5. #5
    Happy New Year!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    I do have more complicated tax forms like Schedule C, SE (self employed)to fill out! How complicated are those? LOL

    The accountant I use for years have retired. He has done my mom and dad taxes for over 20 years, and I filed there too.
    Time to go to HR Block.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Time to go to HR Block.
    Last place one should go for taxes. Calling around they charge 3 times as much.

    Going to give TurboTax a shot first.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Time to go to HR Block.
    HR Block is like just having someone else do Turbo Tax for you.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    HR Block is like just having someone else do Turbo Tax for you.
    I guess it depends on how complex your tax position is.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  10. #10
    After making huge mistakes, & having the IRS hound me for years over $68,000 tax bill I didn't ever owe, my advice is to bite the bullet, let a pro handle it, & save a lot of sleepless nights.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    After making huge mistakes, & having the IRS hound me for years over $68,000 tax bill I didn't ever owe, my advice is to bite the bullet, let a pro handle it, & save a lot of sleepless nights.
    Having an experienced preparer is key once you have a big boy or big girl account. I have gotten questions on the tax return even with experienced preparers and I'd be lost without my accountant in terms of fighting their bogus garbage
    The rebuild is complete.

  12. #12
    It was a few years of hell. Made worse by procrastination, & assuming they would see a pretty simple error on their part.

  13. #13
    I just started it and 10 minutes in I am nearly complete. No more paying others to do my taxes.

  14. #14
    Thanks to the new tax laws, my wife and I owed for the first time in 17 years. Not a huge amount, but still sucks.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  15. #15
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    26,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Thanks to the new tax laws, my wife and I owed for the first time in 17 years. Not a huge amount, but still sucks.
    Nothing changed for us, except last year we got $2200 back and this year $1800. Where was this big middle class tax cut we were promised?

    It was all fake campaign promises.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •