Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Does anyone use TurboTax?

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    I get my refund this Friday.


    I hate doing taxes, so I put if off as long as possible.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Those of you who have already filed your taxes are making the rest of us look bad.
    I'm single, with no kids, no property, no investments, no money, one bank account, and one job. Filing my taxes with TurboTax takes less than a half-hour. I usually have it done the same day I get my tax stuff from my job!

    So it's not that I'm less of a procrastinator (usually quite the opposite), it's just that it's much simpler for someone like me who pays rent in cash to my parents for a house where nothing is in my name, and who has no dependents or write-offs to do their taxes.
    Last edited by Youk Of The Nation; 02-13-2019 at 07:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

  3. #33
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    21,795
    I have filed thousands of personal tax returns in my life. And it never gets better, frankly. They're a pain. There are simple ones, sure, but most of the ones I do have something that can easily get f'd up.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I'm single, with no kids, no property, no investments, no money, one bank account, and one job. Filing my taxes with TurboTax takes less than a half-hour. I usually have it done the same day I get my tax stuff from my job!

    So it's not that I'm less of a procrastinator (usually quite the opposite), it's just that it's much simpler for someone like me who pays rent in cash to my parents for a house where nothing is in my name, and who has no dependents or write-offs to do their taxes.
    Well, it's not like I have all sorts of investments and money lying around, though mine are a little more involved than yours are. I just think it's a pain.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I have filed thousands of personal tax returns in my life. And it never gets better, frankly. They're a pain. There are simple ones, sure, but most of the ones I do have something that can easily get f'd up.
    Tax returns are what makes you accountants so crazy.

  6. #36
    Not getting political, but weren't they supposed to be easier to complete and file? Doesn't seem that way.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  7. #37
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    21,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Not getting political, but weren't they supposed to be easier to complete and file? Doesn't seem that way.
    The governments don't want most returns to be easy to be file, because they would prefer accountants and tax preparers to have to do the returns. That increases the probability of accurate filings. That's what some of us theorize, anyway, and I think it's a pretty plausible theory.

    There are so many intricate calculations and carryforward balances and transfers between husband and wife and crap that you're basically forced to use software and know what you're doing.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •