Register now to remove this ad

Page 200 of 200 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200
Results 2,986 to 2,989 of 2989

Thread: The Pen

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The crazy thing is, the pen has been great lately, outside the Brasier meltdown.
    The bullpen has been a pleasant surprise outside of Brasier. Josh Taylor is looking like a rare occurrence for the Sox where they deal away a nothing player (Deven Marrero) a get a very useful player in return. Like Ty Buttrey in reverse...

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    I thought they have been pretty good all season. I know I’m in the minority here (perhaps alone) but if we had - pick a bullpen instead of ours, NYY? - we would be pretty much exactly where we are in the standings at $50MM more in payroll....
    Cora did a great job getting them ready for the season.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

One could argue the pen has over performed expectations 2 years in a row.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    I thought they have been pretty good all season. I know I’m in the minority here (perhaps alone) but if we had - pick a bullpen instead of ours, NYY? - we would be pretty much exactly where we are in the standings at $50MM more in payroll....
    If you look beyond save percentage, our pen has been pretty good all season. They have been very good recently. They have had to carry a workload much greater than expected, and if our starters had done their jobs, our save percentage would look a lot better. I'm sure of that.

While the pen does carry its share of the blame, they are not the reason that the team is where it is in the standings.