Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Fall training

All-Star

Fall training

6 games away from catching not one, but 2 of the best teams in the AL! I don't think so. Thursday's results were pathetic.FALL TRAINING? I would like to see 4 rookies start these 4 Yankee games. One should certainly be a kid named Weber. He can pitch, I think, a lot better than they have let him show.

I bet you can think of other pre-2020 moves that will chanhe things for the better.
    (Like Bring back Big Papi as ss SUPER-COACH/

All-Star
    Well, we nearly swept the Yanks at Fenway earlier, maybe this time we can do it. If so, we'd still have a definite shot going forward. But but but without Price, I must say it's probably a pure pipe dream.

Anyway, one loss to the Yanks, then pack it in.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by fxkatt View Post
    Well, we nearly swept the Yanks at Fenway earlier, maybe this time we can do it. If so, we'd still have a definite shot going forward. But but but without Price, I must say it's probably a pure pipe dream.

Anyway, one loss to the Yanks, then pack it in.
    Price hasn't really been much against the Yankees anyway...

dont give up yet Mal!
    was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor????!!!!
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by slasher9 View Post
    dont give up yet mal!
    Was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor????!!!!
    lol
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Legend
    When our die hard fans are finally satisfied that the team is out of the playoffs (I have been there for a while now), we ought to bring in some rookies and see how they fare in ML competition. In particular, why not start DHern and possibly Houck and Mata? I also would like to see Dalbec, Chatham and Duran. I understand Chavis has had a setback so may be out for additional time. Dalbec can play 1st or 3rd and is a power bat at a position we will need to backfill next year, Chatham is a good fielder with soft hands and a terrific arm who can play 2nd, short or 3rd. His utility makes he a good possibility and if he added 15 pounds he may show reasonable power. Duran is somewhat raw but is our 4th listed player on our prospect lst and is very fast and is more of a linedrive hitter. All have one thing in common, low cost. We would have to be incredibly lucky to have a high % of these young players make the team, but what have we got to lose by playing them.

Is there an impact to our comppetitive baance tax for this year if we bring them up?

does bringing up a kid in september start his FA clock at all? for the life of me i cannot remember.....
    other names i have posted under: none

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Price hasn't really been much against the Yankees anyway...
    I kinda know, but I can't imagine his replacement being better. Remember the good ole days when starting an effective lefty against the Yanks almost always spelled a win. Then Judge and co. came along... different outcome

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    does bringing up a kid in september start his FA clock at all? for the life of me i cannot remember.....
    The moment a player is on the roster it starts their clock.

All-Star
    I can thinhk of a few guys we could send home gor R&R. Give some others a5 or 17 regulaar play/audition!