Register now to remove this ad

Page 90 of 200 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2989

Thread: The Pen

If only our relievers could start and our starters could relieve...
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    If you want to use this season's SSS to say that your bullpen is good, then that SSS also says that your rotation is rubbish. It goes both ways. I'm sure you wouldn't agree because it's only been 11 games. But that's the point. It's only been 11 games. Based on the players in your bullpen it's not unreasonable to predict that they'll provide below average production. They've looked solid so far (except for Johnson) but let's see where they stand in another month. Same with the Yanks currently dominant rotation (2.91 total ERA).
    fair point.
    other names i have posted under: none

If you want to use this season's SSS to say that your bullpen is good, then that SSS also says that your rotation is rubbish. It goes both ways. I'm sure you wouldn't agree because it's only been 11 games. But that's the point. It's only been 11 games. Based on the players in your bullpen it's not unreasonable to predict that they'll provide below average production. They've looked solid so far (except for Johnson) but let's see where they stand in another month. Same with the Yanks currently dominant rotation (2.91 total ERA).
    Poor Johnson. He should probably have come out of that game once he felt his elbow hurt.

Deity
    Meh. Agree on the small sample size, but it's the only one we have right now. Besides, the bullpen has pitched against the exact same lineups our very expensive rotation has pitched against--and done a whole lot better.

Moreover, I honestly think Barnes is throwing better stuff right now than Kimbrel--who just two pitches and sometimes struggled to get the knuckle curve over--had last year.

You could still be right that the bullpen will fade somewhat, but that also might be because they are being overworked covering for the starters who keep getting shelled early. We are ver early in the season and Cora has already used Nunez for 1 inning.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Meh. Agree on the small sample size, but it's the only one we have right now. Besides, the bullpen has pitched against the exact same lineups our very expensive rotation has pitched against--and done a whole lot better.

Moreover, I honestly think Barnes is throwing better stuff right now than Kimbrel--who just two pitches and sometimes struggled to get the knuckle curve over--had last year.

You could still be right that the bullpen will fade somewhat, but that also might be because they are being overworked covering for the starters who keep getting shelled early. We are ver early in the season and Cora has already used Nunez for 1 inning.
    His 1 inning has been better than any inning Sale has pitched this year.

The rotation does suck. I have no problem saying it.
    And if the starters don't pitch better, the bullpen is going to start sucking from overuse.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

I'd say, "They have sucked this year," but I would not say the "do suck."
    Sox 4 Ever

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

Today's meaningless stat: Seattle lefthander Marco Gonzales has more wins than the Red Sox this season.

Deity

I do think they started the season unprepared, which is a big reason why they have sucked.

Unless someone has a better theory about how all five starters are in the same massive slump and are all pitching well below their career numbers all at the same time...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Today's meaningless stat: Seattle lefthander Marco Gonzales has more wins than the Red Sox this season.
    Shall we bet it doesn’t last all season?

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    hahaha harmony. another pro level troll job.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I do think they started the season unprepared, which is a big reason why they have sucked.

Unless someone has a better theory about how all five starters are in the same massive slump and are all pitching well below their career numbers all at the same time...
    leongate

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    leongate

But the bullpen pitchers, who did see plenty of Spring Training action, don’t miss him?

But the bullpen pitchers, who did see plenty of Spring Training action, don’t miss him?
    Small Sample Size
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

i dont believe relievers are as weird as starters.
    it would be interesting to see what would happen for a turn in the rotation with leon and vaz swapped