Register now to remove this ad

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Prospects

Ward hasn't allowed an earned run since May 9th. Wowzers.
    JBJ is the 14th ranked CFer per dWAR

Not overly impressed with Darwinzon Hernandez.

Great first inning, striking out the side on 11 pitches with serious MLB velocity. But massive control issues ensued.

He is only 22, but maybe Boston isnít the place to learn how to throw a strike.

Like Dalbec, I donít think Iíd mind so much if he was dealt. (Although the Sox need to completely reverse direction to be considered buyers this season.)...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Not overly impressed with Darwinzon Hernandez.

Great first inning, striking out the side on 11 pitches with serious MLB velocity. But massive control issues ensued.

He is only 22, but maybe Boston isn’t the place to learn how to throw a strike.

Like Dalbec, I don’t think I’d mind so much if he was dealt. (Although the Sox need to completely reverse direction to be considered buyers this season.)...
    Well, we can't really expect the Red Sox system to produce a major league starting pitcher.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Dalbec (14)
    Victor Acosta (1)
    Cottam (3)

Weber got shelled in AAA
    1.1 IP 6 ER (6H & 2 BB)

Wright:
    3 IP 0 ER (2H & 0 BB)

Thornburg
    1.2 IP 1 ER (0H & 3 BB)

De la Guerra with a grand slam (5th HR)

Gorkys Hernandez 2 for 4 & a BB

Rusney 4 for 4 with a 2B

In AA

Houck 6 IP 1 ER (6H & 0 BB and 6Ks)
    Duran 1 for 3 with a BB
    Dalbec 0-2 with an rbi

A
    Shugart 5.2 IP 0 ER (4H & 0 BB and 6 Ks) 1.64 ERA
    Tendler 5h tater

Sox 4 Ever

Against Lefties this year Ockimey has a .098 BA.
    This the stat that to me is way more important than OPS. Its when your hitting, not the type of hit your getting.
    With RISP Ockimey is hitting .130. Swinging for the fences is nice, but not helping team win, by making contact. Or at least good contact.
    .852 OPS with a Batting Avg. of .202, and because of that is not driving in runs.
    Don't lose your focus that the aim in every game is do whatever it takes to help team win.
    Style points don't matter.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 06-13-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Perfect nights at the plate are hard to come by and Rusney Castillo was able to do so, despite the losing effort. Castillo's struggles at the major league level have been well-documented, but the Cuban hit .314 and .319 in 2017 and 2018, respectively and has performed well given his situation. His numbers are down overall his season, but he is still slashing .268/.316/.376.

That OPS isn't getting him a call up.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    To me, Chatham is basically Deven Marrero part 2. He's a guy who will make the majors for his defense, but bounce around for a while. He just doesn't have a huge upside of some of the other prospects who may never make the bigs.
    Agreed. But making the majors is an accomplishment in itself. I think his ceiling might be Nick Ahmed, a defensive whiz with late-blooming offense. But will CJC reach it?

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Perfect nights at the plate are hard to come by and Rusney Castillo was able to do so, despite the losing effort. Castillo's struggles at the major league level have been well-documented, but the Cuban hit .314 and .319 in 2017 and 2018, respectively and has performed well given his situation. His numbers are down overall his season, but he is still slashing .268/.316/.376.

That OPS isn't getting him a call up.
    Yes, a .692 OPS translates to 1.6 more seasons making 12 million for the PawSox.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Yes, a .692 OPS translates to 1.6 more seasons making 12 million for the PawSox.

I think Rusney Castillo should be traded for Yasmanny Tomas...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Agreed. But making the majors is an accomplishment in itself. I think his ceiling might be Nick Ahmed, a defensive whiz with late-blooming offense. But will CJC reach it?
    He's been really consistent with the bat this year and his line drive swing seems to working well. Can't say I saw it happening back in January.

Keep an eye out on the Red Sox DSL 2 team, Right Fielder, Bryan Gonzalez, 17 year old, in 11 games that been played there he has 5 HRS, with a .341 AVG. Early I understand, but good to see if he keeps going this way. He'll be 18 in Sept. This is his 1st year, in organized ball.

Brentz found two taters.
    Castillo hit his 5th.

Lowell plays their first game tonight.

@alexspeier

2019 Red Sox draftees on Lowell Spinners roster: 2nd rd SS Cameron Cannon; 3rd rd RHP Ryan Zeferjahn, 5th rd C Jax Grishons; 6th round LHP Chris Murphy; 8th rd OF Wil Dalton; 17th rd IF Alex Erro; 19th rd mustachioed 1B Joe Davis; 29th rd CF Luke Bandy