Register now to remove this ad

Thread: James Harden with 23 straight games over 30 points scored.

James Harden with 23 straight games over 30 points scored.

Harden's streak is the talk of the town here in Houston, but it made me wonder about Wilt's amazing season averaging 50.4 points a game. I looked over his game logs. Here are some interesting factoids about the 1961-1962 season:

His lowest scoring games that season were:
    26, 28, 30, 31, 32, 34 (The lowest 4 were all vs BOS)

He scored over 30 points for 65 straight games!

He scored 35 or more for 34 straight games.

He scored over 44 points for 14 straight games.

He scored over 50 points in 12 of 13 games.

When he scored his 100 points in one game, he also had scored 251 points in the 4 games surrounding that game (62.8ppg), making the 5 game stretch at 70.2 ppg.

He scored just 22 in the game 7 loss to the Celtics in the 1962 playoffs. In that series, he had 131 rebound in game 1-4, but he had just 57 in the last 3. He averaged 38 ppg in games 1-4 and 28 in games 5-7.

I know it was a different era, but Wilt also had 25.7 rebounds per game that year. (He had 43 in one game!)

Historic stretches in the NBA:

Wilt's first 7 seasons in the NBA:

40 PPG
    25 RPG
    3.4 APG

(his first 4? 43/26/2.5)

Oscar Robertson's first 6 seasons combined averaging a triple double:

First 5 seasons:
    30.3 PPG
    10.4 RPG
    10.6 APG

First 6 seasons

First 8 seasons

First 10 seasons

Harden is easily MVP right now. He’s on a different level this season and has had to carry a ridiculous load due to rockets having an absurd amount of injuries. I don’t really enjoy watching him play due to the ridiculous amount of bullshit calls he gets, but he is pretty damn good.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Harden is easily MVP right now. He’s on a different level this season and has had to carry a ridiculous load due to rockets having an absurd amount of injuries. I don’t really enjoy watching him play due to the ridiculous amount of bullshit calls he gets, but he is pretty damn good.

Imagine OKC if they had been able to keep Harden, Durant, and Westbrook together...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Imagine OKC if they had been able to keep Harden, Durant, and Westbrook together...
    That team sure knew how to acquire great young talent.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    And they also had Serge Ibaka, Jeff Green and Reggie Jackson. The amount of talent they drafted in a short span is crazy. That James Harden trade is looking like one of worst in NBA history.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    I was going to make the obligatory no defense joke, but from what I see recently, he's not actually as bad as advertised.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Harden wouldn't have accomplished any of what he's done if he remained in OKC with Westbrook and Durant; he'd have continued averaging 18 a game off the bench on solid percentages, and would probably still be a terrible defender.