Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Yankees Prospects Thread

Deivi went 6 innings yesterday allowing 1 hit and striking out 15. That is absurd.

Deivi is our top prospect IMO. I’d be very reticent to let him go. I don’t deal him for anyone but Scherzer (clearly not 1 for 1).

All-Star
    1. Florial, guy could be a 5 tool prospect if his body matures.
    2. Dominguez
    3. Seigler, I'm in love with this guy right now. He's putting up solid numbers but I've been seeing rave reviews about his makeup and game calling.
    4. Garcia
    5. Gil
    6. Clarke
    7. Cabello
    8. Green. High on him for sure, but he's putting up great numbers
    9. Pereira
    10. Whitlock

I don't really count Loaisiga as a prospect anymore. I flipped on Estrada too and left him off.

I'd have King and Breuax in my top 10 if they were healthy. Most liekly Sauer too. Stowers looks like a real good player. Watch out for Jake Sanford in this system. Volpe and Sikkema I'd have to see more of. Hopefully Josh Smith gets siged.

Trade bait: Abreu, Adams, and Acevedo. I think Acevedo gets sent away in a Luke Voit type seal. Something like Acevdeo and Feyeisen for IFA money and a guy the Yankees scouting department likes.

I wouldn't slot a 16 year old that high on the list even if he's being compared to Trout. My rankings are something like this:

1. D Garcia
    2. Florial
    3. Gil
    4. Loaisaga
    5. Seigler
    6. Abreu
    7. Schmidt
    8. Pereira
    9. Cabello
    10. Whitlock
    11. Breaux
    12. King
    13. Dominguez
    14. A Garcia
    15. Ryder
    16. Myatt
    17. Stowers
    18. Sauer
    19. Nick Nelson
    20. Osiel Rodriguez

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    I wouldn't slot a 16 year old that high on the list even if he's being compared to Trout. My rankings are something like this:

1. D Garcia
    2. Florial
    3. Gil
    4. Loaisaga
    5. Seigler
    6. Abreu
    7. Schmidt
    8. Pereira
    9. Cabello
    10. Whitlock
    11. Breaux
    12. King
    13. Dominguez
    14. A Garcia
    15. Ryder
    16. Myatt
    17. Stowers
    18. Sauer
    19. Nick Nelson
    20. Osiel Rodriguez
    Surprised Otto didn't make the list. Hes got some stuff, but I haven't heard what type of injury he has. Dominguez is already ranked as the 61st best prospect in baseball by Fangraphs. Good system, but the problem is a lot of the guys are so young right now. You wouldn't have any of the 2019 draft guys in your top 20? and no Estrada?
    Last edited by Meh; 07-02-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Volpe and Sikkema have to be on the list.
    Hal sucks

I don't think Estrada qualifies anymore. Could be wrong though. And yeah forgot about this year's draftees

I think Estrada still has rookie eligibility. If he doesn't, we add him to an impressive list of reserves in AAA who are still prospects. Wade, Frazier, Estrada, etc
    Hal sucks

As we all could have guessed, Deivi Garcia has shot up the prospect boards. He's thrown 68.2 innings across A+/AA with a 3.01 ERA and 114 Ks. He recently appeared in the Futures game and pitched a perfect inning while showcasing his full arsenal of pitches. He was also promoted to AAA yesterday even though he just turned 20. All of this has led to him being ranked the 25th best prospect in baseball by Baseball Prospectus in their midseason rankings. He is now a major league option for 2019 (likely the bullpen) when you consider that he's eligible for the Rule 5 draft next year so he'll have to be added to the 40 man roster anyway.
    Last edited by bkzwhitestrican; 07-09-2019 at 12:13 PM.

He’s a beast. I’m concerned that he’s the piece being dangled for pitching, but he’s the kind of guy I wouldn’t mind seeing don the pinstripes

Teams will be asking for him a lot, but I believe that Cashman will be shipping out Frazier instead. I'm sure the yankees already know who is the real deal and who is not

All-Star
    http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2019?list=nyy

Updated list, Garcia, Florial, and Dominguez make the top 100.

Also its impressive that guys like Estrade, Wade, and Frazier are in triple-A. Adams, Otto, Diaz, Stowers, Sanford, Acevedo, jesus the talent depth is just insane right now.

The depth is very impressive. We’ve had some short season jumps (Duran, Green) but outside of a few pitchers and Canaan Smith, no major positional jumps in the long season leagues. I’m hopeful that next year we can see a new wave forming

Luis Medina is finally turning a corner. Medina just turned 20. He is the kid with an absolutely filthy fastball, breaking ball, change combo with a fastball that routinely tops out into the low triple digits. His problem has been command. He had walked more than a batter an inning. They started him in Charleston this year and he had been horrible. But they finally unlocked something his last 6 starts.

35IP 8ER 22H 12BB 51K

If he has finally harnessed his insane potential, he will be a top of the line level prospect for us. His arsenal is absolutely filthy.
    Hal sucks

Roansy Contreras seems to be turning the corner as well. After a rough first few months, he has a 1.93 ERA over his last 7 starts. This includes his gem last night (7 IP, 1 H, 0 BB, 10 K).