Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Yankees Prospects Thread

He’s got filthy stuff too. Medina, Contreras, and Gil are big time stuff guys who all will make something of themselves if they continue to show command

Soon-to-be 25 year old Clint Frazier has 7 HR, .250 AVG, and a .757 OPS with 200 AB in AAA. Not too impressive for a guy who can't help you with run prevention on defense.

I’ll take his .800+ OPS in the majors as being more indicative of his talent. I’m not worried about his bat. It’s the glove that needs work. He’ll be up when rosters expand. My guess is he will be a FT DH for us until Edwin is ready. I would have thought he’d be up by now, but it seems his defensive development is more important than winning games with the big club, with our enormous lead in the division to keep in mind

Garcia has been moved to the pen. Interestingly, his first pen appearance was 5 days ago and he went 5 hitless innings. Not really a 'pen game. But the expectation is that Deivi will function as a multi inning reliever from here on out with an outside chance of helping the Yanks in the post season.
    The rebuild is complete.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Garcia has been moved to the pen. Interestingly, his first pen appearance was 5 days ago and he went 5 hitless innings. Not really a 'pen game. But the expectation is that Deivi will function as a multi inning reliever from here on out with an outside chance of helping the Yanks in the post season.
    As he i not on the 40 man roster, the Yankee have to add him quickly.

I doubt they do add him this season, as Cashman has been claiming and signing other bullpen alternatives. If the Yankees add another reliever to the 25 man roster, they have already put Ryan Dull on the 40 man roster. But David Hernandez should be the most likely of that bunch to actually see the post-season, IMO, as he has been the most effective in MLB this year. (I do expect Dull or David Hale to be DFA'd in this case.)

I doubt the Yankees give Garcia a trial by fire of MLB post-season baseball. Dellin Betances might even be more likely, assuming he has anything to offer right now.

Garcia will probably be in the bullpen mix next season as the replacemet for Betances. He might be fighting for a spot with Trevor Rosenthal...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    As he i not on the 40 man roster, the Yankee have to add him quickly.

I doubt they do add him this season, as Cashman has been claiming and signing other bullpen alternatives. If the Yankees add another reliever to the 25 man roster, they have already put Ryan Dull on the 40 man roster. But David Hernandez should be the most likely of that bunch to actually see the post-season, IMO, as he has been the most effective in MLB this year. (I do expect Dull or David Hale to be DFA'd in this case.)

I doubt the Yankees give Garcia a trial by fire of MLB post-season baseball. Dellin Betances might even be more likely, assuming he has anything to offer right now.

Garcia will probably be in the bullpen mix next season as the replacemet for Betances. He might be fighting for a spot with Trevor Rosenthal...
    Garcia needs to be added at the end of the season to protect him in the rule 5 draft, if he can add more value in the playoffs he will be added soon. The yankees have quite a few prospect which they need to add to the roster this offseason.

I'll be surprised if Garcia isn't added to the 40 man roster by 8/31 (the deadline for postseason eligibility). As mentioned he needs to be added this offseason anyway otherwise he'll be lost to the Rule 5 Draft, so why let some fodder like Dull/Hernandez/Rosa/Valera get in the way of a potential contributor to this year's team?

I read something about a guy named Miguel Yajure, some scouts thisnk he might be the best pitching prospect in the yankees system even better than Garcia, I wouldn't go that far but his numbers this year are impressive:

TAM (A+) W-L 8-6 ERA 2.26 G 22 GS 18 SV 0 IP 127.2 H 110 HR 5 BB 28 K 122 AVG .233 WHIP 1.08

He's 21, still 1 year younger than his competition, the reason he's still there because he lost one year of development due TJ surgery, latest reports have him throwing as fast as 97MPH bu he sits at 92-94, above average changeup and a very good curveball

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    I'll be surprised if Garcia isn't added to the 40 man roster by 8/31 (the deadline for postseason eligibility). As mentioned he needs to be added this offseason anyway otherwise he'll be lost to the Rule 5 Draft, so why let some fodder like Dull/Hernandez/Rosa/Valera get in the way of a potential contributor to this year's team?
    Because:

1) Garcia has already crushed his season high in IP for the year.
    2) Hernandez, Dull, Lyons and Betances are all Major League pitchers capable of contributing the garbage innings you would need an additional reliever for anyway.
    3) The post-season is no time to find out what adjustments Garcia needs to make for the Majors.
    4) Unlike Valera, Garcia is not an infielder. I doubt Valera makes the postseason roster, but if he does there will be a reason that Garcia is not the answer for.

Garcia will be added to the 40-man roster with plenty of time to keep him from the Rule 5 Draft....

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Because:

1) Garcia has already crushed his season high in IP for the year.
    2) Hernandez, Dull, Lyons and Betances are all Major League pitchers capable of contributing the garbage innings you would need an additional reliever for anyway.
    3) The post-season is no time to find out what adjustments Garcia needs to make for the Majors.
    4) Unlike Valera, Garcia is not an infielder. I doubt Valera makes the postseason roster, but if he does there will be a reason that Garcia is not the answer for.

Garcia will be added to the 40-man roster with plenty of time to keep him from the Rule 5 Draft....
    Well then we'll see who is correct over the next 10 days

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    I read something about a guy named Miguel Yajure, some scouts thisnk he might be the best pitching prospect in the yankees system even better than Garcia, I wouldn't go that far but his numbers this year are impressive:

TAM (A+) W-L 8-6 ERA 2.26 G 22 GS 18 SV 0 IP 127.2 H 110 HR 5 BB 28 K 122 AVG .233 WHIP 1.08

He's 21, still 1 year younger than his competition, the reason he's still there because he lost one year of development due TJ surgery, latest reports have him throwing as fast as 97MPH bu he sits at 92-94, above average changeup and a very good curveball
    Yajure has had a good season for sure, but I like Gomez as one of our best pitching prospects. Clarke Schmidt also is up there with Gil as well. We’ve got pitching in the lower levels. Garcia is in the upper level, Schmidt just entered AA. We have options. We just need them to stay healthy, something Adams, Acevedo, Loaisiga and Abreu couldn’t do

The 3 headed monster going into next year of Schmidt, Gil and Garcia will be fun to watch. Gil will likely be protected and go slow out of the gate in AA, but Schmidt and Garcia will be in AAA from the beginning and should be in the bigs at some point in 2020. The pitching is really, really deep there
    The rebuild is complete.

We'll see.
    Sox 4 Ever

Add in Luis Medina. This kid was an enigma. 100mph fastball topping out at 103. Slider that slid across the zone into the other batters box, change that would drop into the dirt. Problem was, he couldn't command it at all. He was getting hit hard trying to locate and walking a batter an inning, until an adjustment in early June. He started commanding better, had a few dominant starts then got shelled a bit then dominated down the stretch earning a late season promotion. It was the tale of two seasons for Medina, who turned 20 in May

Prior to June
    31IP 36BB

June 1 on
    73IP 34BB

Much improved. But his performance took off as well. And from August 1 on, he was downright dominant. 22.2IP 11H 1ER 6BB 29K. If this kid can find the zone yet keep his velocity and wicked movement, he will be a force to be reckoned with. He is young, he has a huge arm and now is entering the offseason with confidence. If he can locate through an entire season, he will join the top 3 in this farm
    The rebuild is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Add in Luis Medina. This kid was an enigma. 100mph fastball topping out at 103. Slider that slid across the zone into the other batters box, change that would drop into the dirt. Problem was, he couldn't command it at all. He was getting hit hard trying to locate and walking a batter an inning, until an adjustment in early June. He started commanding better, had a few dominant starts then got shelled a bit then dominated down the stretch earning a late season promotion. It was the tale of two seasons for Medina, who turned 20 in May

Prior to June
    31IP 36BB

June 1 on
    73IP 34BB

Much improved. But his performance took off as well. And from August 1 on, he was downright dominant. 22.2IP 11H 1ER 6BB 29K. If this kid can find the zone yet keep his velocity and wicked movement, he will be a force to be reckoned with. He is young, he has a huge arm and now is entering the offseason with confidence. If he can locate through an entire season, he will join the top 3 in this farm
    Love the BB rate of late.
    Sox 4 Ever