Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Yankees Season Thread

Pink hat

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Pink hat
    Fits him to a tee!!

TOP DEFINITION
    pink hat
    An overzealous, bandwagoner typically female fan of a recently successful local pro sports franchise. Characterized by the brand spanking new officially licensed pink team hat. Typically spends majority of game chatting on cell phone, waving to tv camera, asking idiotic questions & being a stupid annoying nuisance in general. Most commonly found at Fenway Park & Foxboro Stadium.
    "Ohhhh it's so cold up here in the bleachers, can we go home after the 7th period is over?"

"Put a sweater on, shut up, and we aren't leaving til the 9th INNING's over you dumb pink hat whore"

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...?term=pink+hat

The success is going on 2 decades now so I wouldn’t call it “new”.
    We danced on you infield in 2004 and again 14 years later.
    So my pink hat would be pretty faded by now...
    The fun thing is.....even though you think calling me a “girl” is a putdown (newsflash. Kimmi knows more about baseball than either of you)...I have put my yankees 2019 season prediction right here for all to see. Some would say that takes “balls”. Are you predicting them to win the World Series? The ALE? If I am wrong about my prediction it is right here for you to refer back to in 8 months. You know, like jacksonianmarch predicting that the Yankees would win the ALE the past 3 years because his team was so “superior” to the Red Sox. Wooops.
    But you can get back to the name calling now.
    Your move...
    other names i have posted under: none

Deity
    He’s shown more than a ridiculously unlucky and injury plagued yea. You’ll see. He’ll drop 30 bombs on the season this year and be the best offensive catcher in baseball.

A BABIP of .197 isn’t really all that unlucky for a guy with a 14% line drive rate. His xBABIP is maybe .240 or so...

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Well I've never done this before, but this got ridiculous a long time ago. Slasher and BillyWilliams, I want you to put each other on ignore. The only other options are watching you two snipe at each other like passive-agressive relatives at Thanksgiving dinner for the foreseeable future, or banning one or both of you, and I don't like either of those options. You both contribute decently to the baseball discussion on this board except when you interact with each other, so stop interacting with each other, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

But what is baseball talk without irrational arguments???

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    The success is going on 2 decades now so I wouldn’t call it “new”.
    We danced on you infield in 2004 and again 14 years later.
    So my pink hat would be pretty faded by now...
    The fun thing is.....even though you think calling me a “girl” is a putdown (newsflash. Kimmi knows more about baseball than either of you)...I have put my yankees 2019 season prediction right here for all to see. Some would say that takes “balls”. Are you predicting them to win the World Series? The ALE? If I am wrong about my prediction it is right here for you to refer back to in 8 months. You know, like jacksonianmarch predicting that the Yankees would win the ALE the past 3 years because his team was so “superior” to the Red Sox. Wooops.
    But you can get back to the name calling now.
    Your move...
    I never predicted the Yanks would win the ALE in 16 or 17. I said they were the favorites in 2018, which they were, although losing one of their best hitters dropped their ability rather quickly. But you wouldn’t recall that because you’re too busy hiding under bridges and eating billy goats

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    I never predicted the Yanks would win the ALE in 16 or 17. I said they were the favorites in 2018, which they were, although losing one of their best hitters dropped their ability rather quickly. But you wouldn’t recall that because you’re too busy hiding under bridges and eating billy goats
    Goat is delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Severino scratched today due to shoulder discomfort. Will go for evaluation later today. Gulp.

That would be a pretty terrible injury for sure if serious. He’s had shoulder tightness before and turned out okay, but any time you have it, there’s a chance of badness. I heard of this guy named Keuchel who might be available?

No tear, just inflammation. He’ll rest for 2 weeks then pick a ball up again. This knocks him out for opening day, but gives the chance he returns mid April

Word is the Yanks are looking at Gio.

It’s a reasonable idea, but I don’t think it’s necessary. Gio isn’t that big of an upgrade over German and Loiasiga and with Gio not being started on his throwing program, he won’t be ready to start by opening day anyway.

It’s a reasonable idea, but I don’t think it’s necessary. Gio isn’t that big of an upgrade over German and Loiasiga and with Gio not being started on his throwing program, he won’t be ready to start by opening day anyway.
    Why wouldn't he be on a throwing program by himself or with a personal trainer?

Plus, they won't need their 5th starter until the 6th day of the season.
    Last edited by moonslav59; 03-06-2019 at 08:38 AM.

Looking at the schedule, I anticipate we open with Loaisiga getting a spot start in the 4 hole and CC relieving him after one turn. German will be in the 5 hole and Severino will relieve him (if he’s healthy) on April 25 in Anaheim.

March 28- Paxton
    March 29- off
    March 30- Happ
    March 31- Tanaka
    April 1- Loaisiga
    April 2- Paxton
    April 3- German
    April 4- Happ
    April 5- off
    April 6- Tanaka
    April 7- Paxton
    April 8- Sabathia
    April 9- Happ
    April 10- German
    April 11- off
    April 12- Tanaka
    April 13- Paxton
    April 14- Sabathia
    April 15- off
    April 16- Happ
    April 17- Tanaka
    April 18- Paxton
    April 19- Sabathia
    April 20- German
    April 21- Happ
    April 22- Tanaka
    April 23- Paxton
    April 24- Sabathia
    April 25- Severino in Anaheim

Not an ideal start, but going this route allows us to throw Loaisiga once vs Detroit. German throws 3 times vs Detroit, Houston and KC. Of those 4 games where we use our #6 and 7 starter, only one is vs a good team (Houston). This clearly assumes no rain outs and good health from the others, but if the timetable proves right, we can be whole after April 20th. We shall see. Shoulders are tricky and if he ramps up in two weeks and is still stiff, he’s gonna miss most of the year or all of it