Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CC Sabathia to retire at season’s end

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWilliams View Post
    But big papi's was awesome, right?

Did the sox all drink milkshakes to honor him the last month of the season?
    no. and if you werent banned during that time you would have seen my multitude of posts eviscerating papi for having a farewell tour....
    the only positive thing i said about it was at least he didnt make the team wear different uniforms to "honor" him for a month....
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    It is truly amazing how everyone on the Yankees was better than all their counterparts on the Sox (except Sale, but he is clearly injured and his career is over), yet somehow the Sox won the division by 8 games and then won the World Series...
    hahahahaha. BOOM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Nothing worse than players announcing their retirement before the season starts. Way to make it all about you.

I think at worst case he's a borderline candidate, and he probably gets in eventually, but not first ballot.

I don’t think CC gets the same type of retirement your Jeter and Rivera got. But I agree with your Cooperstown assessment...

It is truly amazing how everyone on the Yankees was better than all their counterparts on the Sox (except Sale, but he is clearly injured and his career is over), yet somehow the Sox won the division by 8 games and then won the World Series...
    I must have missed the post where I stated that the Yanks were better than all their counterparts on the sox.

I merely pointed out that CC had a better ERA than many sox pitchers last year in response to iortiz claiming he was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    no. and if you werent banned during that time you would have seen my multitude of posts eviscerating papi for having a farewell tour....
    the only positive thing i said about it was at least he didnt make the team wear different uniforms to "honor" him for a month....
    And neither Jeter or Mo "made" the team wear anything. The Yankees decided to do that, not Jeter or Mo.

Not that I see that big of a deal by wearing a patch.

Maybe the sox should have worn McFlurry patches to honor papi, given his penchant for "milkshakes"

Deity
    And neither Jeter or Mo "made" the team wear anything. The Yankees decided to do that, not Jeter or Mo.

Maybe the sox should have worn McFlurry patches to honor papi, given his penchant for "milkshakes"

You really like to obsess over that, which is odd given the starring roles of the Yankees in both the Mitchell Report and the Biogenesis scandal.

Oh wait. Those were biased against the Yankees or whatever, and you like to pick and choose your sources. Probably based on whether or not they involve Yankees...

You really like to obsess over that, which is odd given the starring roles of the Yankees in both the Mitchell Report and the Biogenesis scandal.

Oh wait. Those were biased against the Yankees or whatever, and you like to pick and choose your sources. Probably based on whether or not they involve Yankees...
    Please point out my posts where I said any of that, I'll wait.........

Please point out my posts where I said any of that, I'll wait.........
    The real question is why you keep mentioning milkshakes. It's troll shit, needless to say.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The real question is why you keep mentioning milkshakes. It's troll shit, needless to say.
    Well, when a poster takes shots at players from my team I will respond as well. Pretty simple.

jeter 100% demanded the team wear the #2 patch on the hats. this is fact. it doesnt matter if you think its a big deal or not. the fact is that due to the retirement tour distractions and the baby dik attitude of your former ss the yankees wilted that season (14-15 with the jeter hat) and didnt make the postseason back to back years for the first time 2 decades....

jeter 100% demanded the team wear the #2 patch on the hats. this is fact. it doesnt matter if you think its a big deal or not. the fact is that due to the retirement tour distractions and the baby dik attitude of your former ss the yankees wilted that season (14-15 with the jeter hat) and didnt make the postseason back to back years for the first time 2 decades....
    No, that is not a fact. The Yankees decided to do it.

No, that is not a fact. The Yankees decided to do it.
    at Jeters insistence. i forgot...you dont live in the NYC area. this was YUUUUGE talking points on WFAN whilst it was going on....
    but yes, your statement is true as well. the yankees decided to do it. but jeter told them to.

at Jeters insistence. i forgot...you dont live in the NYC area. this was YUUUUGE talking points on WFAN whilst it was going on....
    but yes, your statement is true as well. the yankees decided to do it. but jeter told them to.
    Any proof of that?