Register now to remove this ad

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Quality Red Sox gear

  1. #1

    Quality Red Sox gear

    Where do you guys get QUALITY Red Sox gear? I'm talking gear that will last a while. The team store website is a joke, and I have a lot of the gear from there. I like the stuff from 47 brand, but the t-shirts are way too thin and do not last. I like the prints from Sully's, but it's not quality gear. The wife bought me a jersey from Mitchell and Ness that is awesome and I love it, but they have a limited selection that is mostly vintage stuff. Any other leads from the experts? I'm in Utah so I also need to be able to order online. Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Deity Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,027
    If you can find any Moonlight Graham Red Sox shirts those are the best
    other names i have posted under: none

  3. #3
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    23,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tibbs View Post
    Where do you guys get QUALITY Red Sox gear? I'm talking gear that will last a while. The team store website is a joke, and I have a lot of the gear from there. I like the stuff from 47 brand, but the t-shirts are way too thin and do not last. I like the prints from Sully's, but it's not quality gear. The wife bought me a jersey from Mitchell and Ness that is awesome and I love it, but they have a limited selection that is mostly vintage stuff. Any other leads from the experts? I'm in Utah so I also need to be able to order online. Thoughts?
    Personally I haven't had any complaints with the stuff I've gotten from the Red Sox/MLB store. It might not be top of the line but it's not junk either - not in my experience anyway.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Jasonbay44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    16,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Personally I haven't had any complaints with the stuff I've gotten from the Red Sox/MLB store. It might not be top of the line but it's not junk either - not in my experience anyway.
    I feel like the hats and that type of stuff is fine, but the shirts seem to wear out/not fit right a lot, a least in my experience.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I feel like the hats and that type of stuff is fine, but the shirts seem to wear out/not fit right a lot, a least in my experience.
    Bingo! Most of my hats are 47 Brand and last quite a while. T-shirts on the other hand are not quality gear. I can easily go through a shirt in one season. I would like something that is nicer quality and will last a while, and I'm now willing to pay for it.

  6. #6
    [QUOTE=Mr Tibbs;1225221]Bingo! Most of my hats are 47 Brand and last quite a while. T-shirts on the other hand are not quality gear. I can easily go through a shirt in one season. I would like something that is nicer quality and will last a while, and I'm now willing to pay for it.[/QUOTE. Stick with the name brands .
    Last edited by dgalehouse; 03-18-2019 at 10:44 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    You wouldn't be putting us on now by any chance , would you Virgil ? Anyway , it is probably best to stick with the name brands . You're welcome .
    WTF?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tibbs View Post
    WTF?
    Sorry . Forget it .
    Last edited by dgalehouse; 03-18-2019 at 10:45 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Sorry . Forget it .
    Nope, share. Whatever you are smoking, SHARE!

  10. #10
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,760
    I'd say you pay for what you get, but that's not necessarily true with sports gear because of the "we can rip you off so we will" markups. I don't think you're gonna find much that isn't on the official site. In fact, it's probably the reverse - for instance, if you look for stuff on Amazon, you're likely to find more of the cheap crap that's possibly knockoff.

    So far I haven't had a problem with the stuff I've bought from the official site - stuff made by Nike mostly, I guess. I've also had some triblend t shirts from NHL.com for a few years. People complained about the low quality, but they're only now getting holes from repeated wear and washing.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I'd say you pay for what you get, but that's not necessarily true with sports gear because of the "we can rip you off so we will" markups. I don't think you're gonna find much that isn't on the official site. In fact, it's probably the reverse - for instance, if you look for stuff on Amazon, you're likely to find more of the cheap crap that's possibly knockoff.

    So far I haven't had a problem with the stuff I've bought from the official site - stuff made by Nike mostly, I guess. I've also had some triblend t shirts from NHL.com for a few years. People complained about the low quality, but they're only now getting holes from repeated wear and washing.
    This is pretty much exactly what I am running into. Seems that the licensed cheap crap is pretty much all that is out there because well, it sells! The Mitchell and Ness stuff is awesome, but not a lot of variety. Besides that I'm not really finding much that isn't on the official site that is sold by Fanatics. I guess that is what I will have to live with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •