Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Season Thread

This is the first time I've been gifted Mike Trout in a fantasy league in years, he's fun to own. Man is he fucking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    This is the first time I've been gifted Mike Trout in a fantasy league in years, he's fun to own. Man is he fucking good.
    I wish him a long healthy career. And I'm happy he's in an AL West uniform for the rest of it.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I wish him a long healthy career. And I'm happy he's in an AL West uniform for the rest of it.
    Amen on that. I feel bad for Mariners, A's Rangers and Astros pitchers.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Jinx?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Saw him play at Fenway at 2015. He played well that day, but I feel like he's a little overrated. I know he isn't, I guess I just don't see him enough
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

He is definitely not overrated. I think Eck and DOB did have a good point about a lot of people not realizing how truly good Trout is due to him playing on west coast. Angels games are starting at 10 PM EST, 9 PM Central. A majority of the country isn't watching him play. Assuming no injuries, he's going down as an all time great.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Saw him play at Fenway at 2015. He played well that day, but I feel like he's a little overrated. I know he isn't, I guess I just don't see him enough

He’s 26 years old and has more career fWAR than several Hall of Famers. Sure he will make outs and have the occasion 0-fer, but that doesn’t make him overrated..

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Based on the evidence of 1 guy getting one in 83 years? I'd say the odds are not so good.

A lot of voters wouldn’t vote for a player just because no one had ever gotten a unanimous vote before. That’s hopefully over now.

There was absolutely no reason to NOT vote for Cal Ripken or Ken Griffey Jr...

Chris Davis now officially has the longest hitless streak in MLB history! At least for Orioles fans he’s only getting paid till 2037!

Deity
    Chris Davis now officially has the longest hitless streak in MLB history! At least for Orioles fans he’s only getting paid till 2037!

Former record holder Eugenio Vélez is only 36 and his 0 for 46 streak is technically still active, as it was the last 46 at bats he played in the majors.

I think Baltimore should sign Eugenio Vélez and have him compete his “task” of dethroning Davis for the title ...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Former record holder Eugenio Vélez is only 36 and his 0 for 46 streak is technically still active, as it was the last 46 at bats he played in the majors.

I think Baltimore should sign Eugenio Vélez and have him compete his “task” of dethroning Davis for the title ...
    I salute such twisted thoughts.

The Orioles could actually turn that into a promotional thing.

Deity
    The Orioles could actually turn that into a promotional thing.

Absolutely.

Sign Vélez and have him and Davis bat back to back, offering some sort of “protection” in the lineup. And have a contest where the winner has to guess the date of the next hit either gets...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post

hahahaha. epic.
    other names i have posted under: none

What's crazy about this Eugenio Velez guy is he played 259 career games and I have 0 recollection of who he is, and literally can't remember him, I even googled him and the picture offered no help.