Register now to remove this ad

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Yankees Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Where is the reckoning? As it stands right now, the only guy really outperforming his history is Urshela. Frazier is playing like a top 50 prospect that he was. Lemahieu is doing exactly what he had done in Colorado. Voit is continuing to show the power he did last year. Sanchez is playing to his 2017 potential. Torres is actually playing a bit worse than his 2018. Gardner is showing more power but not much different from 2018. Hicks has been awful since he got off the DL. Estrada is hitting in his brief PT like the fringe top 100 prospect he was. Maybin can barely hit. Morales cannot hit. Our rotation, outside of German being good, has been reasonable. Our pen has been solid, but seeing Kahnle come back to life has come with the downside of Green fading early. This squad is still good. We are gonna be awesome when we get Judge and Stanton back, two guys capable of carrying a team.
    I'll tell you the same thing I told you last year. The chances of you playing better or even maintaining the .731 winning % that you had in May are slim to none, whether you get your starters back or not. So while it sounds good that you guys are playing like this and will be even better when Judge and Stanton return, chances are very good that you won't win as many games as you're winning with the B Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I'll tell you the same thing I told you last year. The chances of you playing better or even maintaining the .731 winning % that you had in May are slim to none, whether you get your starters back or not. So while it sounds good that you guys are playing like this and will be even better when Judge and Stanton return, chances are very good that you won't win as many games as you're winning with the B Squad.
    We are not likely to replicate a 73% winning percentage. That being said, we are likely to continue wrecking the crappy teams. These are strange times where more than half the teams have no interest in competing. This lends to more favorable matchups and higher win percentages due to talent disparities. Also, the first two months were cupcakes for both our squads. It will get harder. The Yanks are 10-7 vs teams at or over .500. The sox are 11-14. Insanely, the Astros have played the toughest schedule. 42 of their 57 games have been vs .500+ teams. Strange. I doubt we ever see a 73% win percentage vs the top tier teams, but I guarantee adding back Stanton and Judge will make us formidable vs them
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    We are not likely to replicate a 73% winning percentage. That being said, we are likely to continue wrecking the crappy teams. These are strange times where more than half the teams have no interest in competing. This lends to more favorable matchups and higher win percentages due to talent disparities. Also, the first two months were cupcakes for both our squads. It will get harder. The Yanks are 10-7 vs teams at or over .500. The sox are 11-14. Insanely, the Astros have played the toughest schedule. 42 of their 57 games have been vs .500+ teams. Strange. I doubt we ever see a 73% win percentage vs the top tier teams, but I guarantee adding back Stanton and Judge will make us formidable vs them
    You should be wrecking the crappy teams, and sadly, there are a lot of them.

Getting your guys back will no doubt help you in the playoffs.

Frazier with the bomb. He belongs at DH.

Even the best teams can lose to the crappy teams.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Even the best teams can lose to the crappy teams.
    Crappy teams still win 40% of the time....

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Crappy teams still win 40% of the time....
    Unless they're REALLY tanking, in which case they might be able to knock it down to 35%.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Yanks were 1 for 12 with RISP last night. That'll do you in most nights.

Vlad Jr. with a 3 run rifle shot against Britton in the 8th to take a 9-7 lead against the Yankees
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Yankees lose to Toronto 11-7 dropping the first 2 games of the Series.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Holder sucked. Ottavino couldn’t give length. Neither could Kahnle. Britton have up a cheapie single and a walk and then Vlad hit a missile. Britton is hard to lift and Vlad just golfed it out. It’s a Sox series hangover here

Tulo is going home. He was about to head out on a rehab assignment and from the sounds of it, had another setback. He’s going to pull a Pedroia and go home for a bit before resuming his rehab. With Didi returning, henis seeing the writing on the wall. Nice knowing you Tulo

Hopefully Didi's return also sends Morales packing.

I guess Morales is sticking around for a bit. Yanks sent Estrada back down to AAA. I suppose it makes sense since you want the kid to get regular playing time and he's only been playing once or twice a week with the Yanks.

Estrada is way better than I thought. Really pesky at bats, sneaky power, slick glove. I think he’s done his job. He’s gonna be a prime trade piece. Stick him back in AAA and move him for a big piece. He’s redundant here through the end of 2020.