Register now to remove this ad

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: 2019 Yankees Game Thread

Fun stat: the Yankees are undefeated this season when allowing 12 or more runs

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Fun stat: the Yankees are undefeated this season when allowing 12 or more runs
    I hate to admit this because I hate the Yanks but they have been fun to watch this year. Same last year with the Chiefs in the NFL, I can't stand them and their stupid fans but they were entertaining as hell last year. yankees have produced some damn good entertaining baseball this season.

They are entertaining. The great thing about this team is they are deep and they are relentless. I have no fear of the Twins. We beat them at home. We beat them on the road. Their pitchers have very solid stats, we can beat them all. They didn’t face the guys who would probably be 1-2 in a PO rotation in Tanaka and Paxton, but they did brutalize the guy who’s been our best statistical starter in German. In fairness, we didn’t face their ace in Berrios, but we can beat him too.

This series did reaffirm my concern about the rotation, though. Yes, we can handle most any team’s pitching staff, but good offenses can handle ours. We are gonna need a pitching acquisition of some sort. Even though the pen blew a game two nights ago, I am reasonably certain that it’s a rarity and not a pattern. We need to add to the pen. Thankfully, I think we can do that without trading. Betances is progressing through his throwing program and could be on a rehab assignment soon. He would be a hell of an add. The starting side is a little more daunting. Yes, Severino is moving through his throwing program. But they’re handling him with kid gloves. He might not be stretched out enough to provide more than 3-4 innings come PO time. Or maybe that’s the design? Start Sevy, go 4, hand to pen.

My worry with this club is the two teams in baseball with good offenses and great pitching. The Astros have two aces. We can hit one in a Cole. We haven’t hit Verlander. Their offense, when healthy, is a grind. Then there’s the Dodgers. We haven’t seen their pitching, but they’re deep with RH power and lefty finesse with an offense that resembles ours. Deep, multifaceted, powerful.

Either way, it’s gonna be a fun ride come October

Also, we need the top spot more than anyone. Give us home field and the WC winner who just burned their ace and I’ll take our chances of getting to the ALCS. I’ll be rooting hard for Minnesota/Cleveland vs the Astros. And rooting hard for the field vs LA in the NL

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    I hate to admit this because I hate the Yanks but they have been fun to watch this year. Same last year with the Chiefs in the NFL, I can't stand them and their stupid fans but they were entertaining as hell last year. yankees have produced some damn good entertaining baseball this season.
    No Tyler. Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    No Tyler. Just no.
    Word. The Yankees had what can be considered a great regular season last year winning 100 games. That would've been awesome to watch any other year. But I couldn't even enjoy it because we were always looking up at Boston in the standings. I'm sure the average fan probably thought Boston was fun to watch, but it didn't entertain me. It pissed me off. And it made me unappreciative of the Yankees' season. So I imagine that's a similar sentiment for Boston fans this season with the Yankees continually winning. Even though Boston hasn't been great, if the Yankees weren't playing this well and Boston was tied for the division lead would all of you be as critical of the Red Sox as you have been so far?

They are entertaining because we always seem to follow the same blueprint. Fall behind early due to our faulty starting pitching. Offense hammers back into the lead. Pen holds the game. That is usually how we win. We haven't had too many 9-1 games where the O and the pitchers are rolling. It's more fun to watch offensive baseball than a pitchers duel
    Hal sucks