11. Ben heller (i had to look him up)
    12. Tbd

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    12. Tbd

Boone?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyWilliams View Post
    Why cut bait when he costs next to nothing?

Because with the amount of injuries the Yankees currently have, it’s only a matter of time (days? hours? minutes?) before the 40-man roster spot he occupies is more valuable than he is.

Don’t you think Toronto released him for a similar reason?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Because with the amount of injuries the Yankees currently have, it’s only a matter of time (days? hours? minutes?) before the 40-man roster spot he occupies is more valuable than he is.

come on Notin. you are not playing fair here. that is baseball knowledge that is well beyond Babe's capacity. he is still playing checkers to your chess.....
    other names i have posted under: none

You don’t need to release him. You just move one of our myriad of injured players to the 60 day DL

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    You don’t need to release him. You just move one of our myriad of injured players to the 60 day DL

True, but what’s the actual benefit of keeping him? Toronto didn’t release him because they thought he would stay healthy and become even a shadow of his former self.

The Yankees got their money’s worth. They gambled and won (slightly). Time to move on and let some other team have a chance to put him on the IL...

But the Yanks don't really have any other infielders ready to call up to take that spot. With Andujar and Didi out for a while the Yanks will certainly need infield help and Tulo is not expected to be out very long. Whether he can stick at that point is another matter.

So, barring a trade for another infielder, there's really no urgent need to release him at this juncture.

As for the resident clown's comment, I find it rich considering you could fit his baseball knowledge in a thimble.

True, but what’s the actual benefit of keeping him? Toronto didn’t release him because they thought he would stay healthy and become even a shadow of his former self.

The Yankees got their money’s worth. They gambled and won (slightly). Time to move on and let some other team have a chance to put him on the IL...
    He’s got a minor injury. We have some detritus on our 40 man. We have moves to make. We also have enough versatility to deal with it with Gleyber being able to play 2B and SS and Lemahieu being able to play all 4 spots. Wade can play all the IF positions too with Estrada being more a SS and 2b kind of guy.

Thankfully, Hicks is resuming baseball activities. He will need a rehab stint, but might be an option by the latter part of the month. That’ll push Gardner to LF with Frazier and add some depth to our DH position, which is currently heavily dependent on Bird’s availability (and he’s made of glass).

Sevy scheduled for an MRI after saying his shoulder still doesn't feel right. Balls.

Let’s see what the kids can do. Montgomery may be more needed than initially thought. This sounds like they’re gonna need to go in there. I no longer expect him back this year

At least German and Cessa are stepping up, I know is a tiny sample size, it would be great if they can keep the pace the whole season ( a long shot, I know)

Looks like Severino will be out at least 6+ weeks with a lat strain, not related to the shoulder issue.

I have a bad feeling about this

That’s best case there. Let’s hope we can see him second half

Any Andujar update?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Any Andujar update?

He still can’t field. I’ll keep you posted if this changes...