Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanton & Andujar to the 10 days IL

Stanton & Andujar to the 10 days IL

This is a freaking disaster, Stanton looks like it's not serious, no word on what is the problem with Andujar

At this point it's just comical. I guess Wade or Urshela takes his spot?

This really is crazy. Probably just a temporary blip.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

the only good thing about all this is the timing, it could be worse if it happens towards the end of the season

Wouldn't be fantasy baseball season if one of the guys I drafted wasn't instantly hurt. (Stanton).

Starting baseball in March in the northeast is always an injury or 3 waiting to happen....
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Starting baseball in March in the northeast is always an injury or 3 waiting to happen....
    No shit, right? Let’s take these musclebound behemoths and have them swing in anger in 45 degree weather. Shit!

Why did they start the season earlier than normal anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Why did they start the season earlier than normal anyway?
    They have done it for the last several years. It is to give teams more off days during the season.

Andujar has a labrum year. Season ending surgery is a possibility, although rest and rehab is the initial course. Fuck

Thank god we have Lemahieu.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Wouldn't be fantasy baseball season if one of the guys I drafted wasn't instantly hurt. (Stanton).

Andujar here...

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Andujar has a labrum year. Season ending surgery is a possibility, although rest and rehab is the initial course. Fuck
    thats a bummer for this kid. coming off a great offensive rookie season was interested to see how the sophomore season would go.
    IMO should just go straight to surgery. throw away this season and come back 100% 2020.
    other names i have posted under: none

It depends. For a pitcher, yeah, fix it. For a hitter, maybe not as much. They said he had good strength in the arm, which is good. Bad labral tears really sap the strength, so thats encouraging. Also, pitchers take forever to return from these repairs, position players not so much. He’d lose the year, but if he waits into May and has the surgery, he’d be fine by opening day provides good recovery. So there’s really limited downside to a watchful waiting approach. The one things I’d want to avoid is a rest and rehab then a restart and a surgery later in the season. If he isn’t close to 100% after rest and rehab, then I’d send him to the OR. He can survive with a little less velocity on his throws. He has a cannon as is

I had a labrum tear in my throwing shoulder (from snowboarding). I wanted to avoid surgery so I went to a sports physical therapist.. after 12 weeks of rehab I thought I was good, but after testing it out I still felt lots of pain. Ultimately ended up getting surgery. I know every injury is different but I can't see how he can come back any time soon or be effective this season. AND I do not trust our medical staff, so I will always assume the worst for Yankee injuries.