Register now to remove this ad

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Stanton & Andujar to the 10 days IL

And sure enough Encarnacion leaves with an oblique strain and Sanchez exits the game. I think we should just stop talking about injuries.

Sanchez says his groin issue is akin to the one he had earlier in the year. It cost him 16 games yet he said he was ready after ten. I’m hopeful he’s okay for the POs. Edwin is also hopeful this is minor and will be able to play in the POs. We’re gonna need him. Happ and his biceps tendinitis sounds like a season ender. We keep winning and losing players along the way. It’s insane

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Sanchez says his groin issue is akin to the one he had earlier in the year. It cost him 16 games yet he said he was ready after ten. I’m hopeful he’s okay for the POs. Edwin is also hopeful this is minor and will be able to play in the POs. We’re gonna need him. Happ and his biceps tendinitis sounds like a season ender. We keep winning and losing players along the way. It’s insane
    It really is. I've never seen a team have a season like this. Not even close, really.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It really is. I've never seen a team have a season like this. Not even close, really.
    Interestingly, every time a guy goes down, the replacement goes nuclear. Stanton goes down, Tauchman mashes. Hicks goes down, Frazier mashes. Judge goes down, Gardner gets pressed into FT duty, he has a career season. Andujar goes down, Urshela hits .330. Didi is out for 2 months, Lemahieu has an MVP caliber year. Voit goes down, we get EE. EE goes down, Ford mashes. Sanchez goes down, Higashioka and Romine mash. Sevy goes down, German wins 18. Betances goes down, Kahnle returns to his top form. The depth on this club is insane, and outside of Betances, EE and Didi, they’re all guaranteed to return

Stanton looks like an albatross in the making. The guy can't stay healthy.

looks like i was DEAD WRONG on him. i wanted him so bad a couple years ago when Florida was offering him up for trade.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    looks like i was DEAD WRONG on him. i wanted him so bad a couple years ago when Florida was offering him up for trade.
    It's OK for us armchair GM's to be wrong on stuff, Slash. It's a different story for the real ones.

It’s a snakebit year. The PCL injury would have been season ending had we not made the playoffs. I mean, think about how unlucky you’ve got to be

He gets biceps tendinitis due to the cold and probably due to working out too hard in the offseason (like a lot of guys). He had a Minor shoulder issue they decided to deal with at the same time just to “get ahead of it”. They anticipated a 2-4 week timetable. The shoulder responded very poorly to the cortisone prompting a second injection and ended up being a 2 month absence. Sometimes, you just need to leave shit alone!

The guy is finally okay from the arm issues, he goes down to the minors and gets hit in the calf by a pitch. This caused a minor calf tear that knocked him out for another 3 weeks. He finally returns, comes to the bigs, kills it for a week and then sprains his knee sliding face first into third base.

A PCL tear is usually a 3-4 month injury depending on the severity. He came back in 2 months saying he wasn’t fully healed. While favoring the knee, he pulls his quad.

I’m at the point with Stanton where we just need to shelve him. It’s a snakebit season