Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Javier Guerra

Deity

Javier Guerra

Apparently the former Sox shortstop prospect is being converted to a pitcher by the Padres. In his first bullpen session, he threw multiple pitches that are clocked at 100mph...

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Apparently the former Sox shortstop prospect is being converted to a pitcher by the Padres. In his first bullpen session, he threw multiple pitches that are clocked at 100mph...
    Not one of them was over the plate, but still, a promising sign.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Not one of them was over the plate, but still, a promising sign.

It’s easier to learn control than to learn to throw 100mph. Throwing 100mph all over the place already makes him Brian Ellington...

It’s easier to learn control than to learn to throw 100mph. Throwing 100mph all over the place already makes him Brian Ellington...
    Sam McDowell
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Sam McDowell

I’m a tad hesitant to compare one bullpen session from Javier Guerra to Sudden Sam, who was a six time All Star whose career put him in the top ten for career K/9 and fewest H/9 and had one no-hitter to his credit...

I’m a tad hesitant to compare one bullpen session from Javier Guerra to Sudden Sam, who was a six time All Star whose career put him in the top ten for career K/9 and fewest H/9 and had one no-hitter to his credit...
    I was just referencing the struggles he had locating his fastball early in his career. I read a good biography of him a long long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I was just referencing the struggles he had locating his fastball early in his career. I read a good biography of him a long long time ago.
    Ellington is probably an apt comparison.

The interesting facet might be that former shortstop Guerra might have a chance down the road to become a closer, since for some reason, is a role failed shortstops seem to succeed in, including Trevor Hoffman, Rafael Betancourt, and Joe Nathan...