Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Would the Sox coaching and training staff start Sale knowing he's injured?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    I have not given up on Chris Sale.

Today in my fantasy league, I offered the retainable $4 contract of Pete Alonso and the retainable $1 contract of Brandon Woodruff for the expiring $47 contract of Chris Sale and the retainable $2 contract of Rafael Devers.

My offer was promptly rejected.

You’re pure evil. I love it...

Quote Originally Posted by fxkatt View Post
    Sounds like the Celts waiting on the playoffs for a chance to finally show that they really do have the best team in the East.
    It's amazing that teams with so much talent can play so poorly.

I have not given up on Chris Sale.

Today in my fantasy league, I offered the retainable $4 contract of Pete Alonso and the retainable $1 contract of Brandon Woodruff for the expiring $47 contract of Chris Sale and the retainable $2 contract of Rafael Devers.

My offer was promptly rejected.
    It would be unwise for anyone to give up on Chris Sale, or any starter in the Red Sox rotation, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    It would be unwise for anyone to give up on Chris Sale, or any starter in the Red Sox rotation, for that matter.
    harmony level of trolling is PRO. i give him much credit.
    other names i have posted under: none

Not as long as my team has a comfortable lead behind the (mostly) fast starts of Cody Bellinger, Pete Alonso, Edwin Encarnacion, Daniel Vogelbach and Joey Gallo, who are all eligible at first base.
    Let me know how it turns out for you.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    harmony level of trolling is PRO. i give him much credit.
    My post was evidence of how highly I and another fantasy owner value Chris Sale (and Rafael Devers).

Is that trolling?

My post was evidence of how highly I and another fantasy owner value Chris Sale (and Rafael Devers).

Is that trolling?
    now harmony...i thought you and i knew each other well enough that you know i respect your game.
    but you are right...i read your post backwards. i might be cixelsyd
    other names i have posted under: none

Legend
    Let me know how it turns out for you.
    It's way too early to make any predictions.

But my team currently has a 6.5-point lead in a 10-team, 10-category mixed roto league with a $305 budget and 27 roster slots (plus five injured slots). After deducting $40 in keeper salaries, I spent $260 of the $265 available at the auction. Of the $260 spent at the auction, $115 now resides on the injured list, including a combined $95 for Trea Turner, Gary Sanchez and Justin Upton.

However, the ultimate winner in this league, in its 29th season, is rarely the first-place team on April 16.

Today my team lost Blake Snell to the injured list.
    Last edited by harmony; 04-16-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    now harmony...i thought you and i knew each other well enough that you know i respect your game.
    but you are right...i read your post backwards. i might be cixelsyd
    It's all good.

Well whether Sale is hurt or not. He sucks. Plain and simple. I hope he’s hurt because that would explain it. Otherwise....... it’s the contract curse.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Well whether Sale is hurt or not. He sucks. Plain and simple. I hope he’s hurt because that would explain it. Otherwise....... it’s the contract curse.
    His stuff was there last night, his location was not. That at least sounds like he's moving in the right direction.

If I'm not mistaken, Sale ranks dead last in swings and misses on his fastball this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    His stuff was there last night, his location was not. That at least sounds like he's moving in the right direction.

If I'm not mistaken, Sale ranks dead last in swings and misses on his fastball this season.
    He just can't seem to figure it out and piece it all together. His second start of the season, his velocity was not there at all but his command and control was fantastic after he get up the one run. Now his fast ball is seemingly back, but he was all over the place last night. We are now dead last in the league for pitching. Thank god Price seems to have got it going.

I honestly thought that Sale threw better last night . The velocity was improved. The results sucked , but I did see a reason for some optimism going forward .

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I honestly thought that Sale threw better last night . The velocity was improved. The results sucked , but I did see a reason for some optimism going forward .
    Here’s hoping! As a huge Porcello fan it would also be a bonus to see him get his shit together.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Here’s hoping! As a huge Porcello fan it would also be a bonus to see him get his shit together.
    Porcello is starting to look like 2015 Porcello.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."