Register now to remove this ad

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 4/03 SOX at A's

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Puppies are like Spring Training for human babies. It's a road I never want to go down again. Kids are great, but the first 6-12 months is not my favorite.
    Agreed! Puppies are a lot of work but at the end of the day they are only a puppy once. I enjoy every damn moment I get with a puppy...... Some of the dirty ones where they poop in the house I could live without but it's to be expected at times. They are energetic little buggers. What kind of puppy did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    But the game today is on while I’m working?? What if I get fired.... Do I risk it!?
    100%
    sorry.
    other names i have posted under: none

Agreed! Puppies are a lot of work but at the end of the day they are only a puppy once. I enjoy every damn moment I get with a puppy...... Some of the dirty ones where they poop in the house I could live without but it's to be expected at times. They are energetic little buggers. What kind of puppy did you get?
    Two weeks ago we fostered a young beagle who just loved to lift his leg everywhere, so we had to get a belly band for him which fixed that issue. Last week we had two 4 month old hounds that loved getting up at 1am, 3am and 5am to go out. This week we have a one year old cattle dog that is nervous as all get out and couldn't sleep through the loud wind last night. Thankfully, we'll only have the new foster pup through this week at the longest as we're going away on April vacation and won't be able to foster for a while. It's fun, but a lot of work.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

But the game today is on while I’m working?? What if I get fired.... Do I risk it!?
    Game starts at 3:30. I have a meeting starting at 2 out of the office. If it gets out early, I should have the opportunity to watch a good portion of the game.

Two weeks ago we fostered a young beagle who just loved to lift his leg everywhere, so we had to get a belly band for him which fixed that issue. Last week we had two 4 month old hounds that loved getting up at 1am, 3am and 5am to go out. This week we have a one year old cattle dog that is nervous as all get out and couldn't sleep through the loud wind last night. Thankfully, we'll only have the new foster pup through this week at the longest as we're going away on April vacation and won't be able to foster for a while. It's fun, but a lot of work.
    OMG! You are a glutton for punishment. Does the beagle howl (as do all I've ever known)? I assume the hounds bay away when they feel like chasing something, which is all the time. And the cattle dog is up for playing fetch about 20 hours a day? (I'm dogsitting a shih-tzu mix--that's 22 hours of sleep a day, 1/4 hour eating, another hour walking, and whatever time remains, demanding to be brushed. HIGHLY recommended dog!)

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    OMG! You are a glutton for punishment. Does the beagle howl (as do all I've ever known)? I assume the hounds bay away when they feel like chasing something, which is all the time. And the cattle dog is up for playing fetch about 20 hours a day? (I'm dogsitting a shih-tzu mix--that's 22 hours of sleep a day, 1/4 hour eating, another hour walking, and whatever time remains, demanding to be brushed. HIGHLY recommended dog!)
    All of the dogs have been adopted within the week they've come to our house. The beagle didn't really howl, just kinda Woooooooooooo's like Ric Flair. The cattle dog is really super duper timid. He is happy running around with our 6 y/o hound dog and our 13 y/o chichi in the backyard.

Damn, that sounds like a lot of work! Belly bands work fantastic. We have an asshole Malinois that liked to piss in the house. Bellyband did the trick right off the hop. Glad you are getting away for vacation at least so you can have some down time. Puppies are a ton of work especially having different ones every week like that. Don't think I could do it lol. Some puppies however are better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    100%
    sorry.
    Alright.... I expect at least a quarter of my wage in a chq from you then. Lucky for you, I only make about 45,000 so I'm cutting you a break.