Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holt and Johnson to the DL

Holt and Johnson to the DL

Corneal abrasion for Holt. He’ll be on for the minimum as long as it doesn’t get infected. Johnson’s elbow hurts, although it could be his pride after yesterday
    Hal sucks

Lin and Walden up?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Corneal abrasion for Holt. He’ll be on for the minimum as long as it doesn’t get infected. Johnson’s elbow hurts, although it could be his pride after yesterday
    Almost sounds like a phantom DL for Johnson, doesn't it?

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Almost sounds like a phantom DL for Johnson, doesn't it?
    Wouldn't mind a real DFA to be honest....
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Wouldn't mind a real DFA to be honest....
    The only people who think he’s any good are Dojii and Dombrowski. And we can excuse Dojii, since he’s not part of the decision making process...

For someone who's known as king of a gamer (not to mention a fringe MLB player who should do everything in his power to emphasize his value), Holt goes out with some pretty soft injuries. Was it last year he missed half the season with dizzy spells? Now he's missing time because his son poked him in the eye??

Corneal abrasions hurt, but they don’t last 10 days. I think Cora needed a body and instead of shelving Holt for a couple days, they decided with the off days to just get someone up who could finish the series. Holt will be fine by opening day

Quote Originally Posted by tombirner View Post
    For someone who's known as king of a gamer (not to mention a fringe MLB player who should do everything in his power to emphasize his value), Holt goes out with some pretty soft injuries. Was it last year he missed half the season with dizzy spells? Now he's missing time because his son poked him in the eye??
    Seriously? That was 2 seasons ago and it was concussion symptoms and vertigo, which can be severely debilitating. Soft injury is not an apt description at all.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Seriously? That was 2 seasons ago and it was concussion symptoms and vertigo, which can be severely debilitating. Soft injury is not an apt description at all.
    Especially when you look at how concussions have completely derailed some careers, like those of Justin Morneau and Jason Bay...

I had no idea Holt wore contacts. That considerably pushes back the timeline. Non aided visual people can usually get back to normal in a week, but contact lenses need to stay out for awhile. Return to using contacts can irritate the eye and in bad cases, cause a keratitis

Single A
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I had no idea Holt wore contacts. That considerably pushes back the timeline. Non aided visual people can usually get back to normal in a week, but contact lenses need to stay out for awhile. Return to using contacts can irritate the eye and in bad cases, cause a keratitis
    Had a couple of corneal abrasions myself in the past but not sure it took more than a week to recover. Brock definitely wouldnt be putting a contact back in but imagine he could wear glasses or prescription goggles instead? Maybe Kelly left a pair behind that he could use!

Quote Originally Posted by tombirner View Post
    Yeah, concussions. Big whoop. What's a brain injury? Just shake it off the way the bad-ass sports-boards posters do. And being half blind! Come on. Grow a pair.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Yeah, concussions. Big whoop. What's a brain injury? Just shake it off the way the bad-ass sports-boards posters do. And being half blind! Come on. Grow a pair.

The only injuries some people respect are breaks and tears. You could have a guy out there with his femur sticking out of his skin fully exposed, and some poster would be yelling at him “Get back out there, you wimp!! I can see with my own eyes it ain’t broken!!! Nothing a little cortisone won’t fix!!”

So does holt join Porcello on the titanic at the end of the season?

I think we'll try to keep Holt.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?