Register now to remove this ad

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Vasquez

Thank god for Christian Vasquez, and not Fatty Leon.

The hatred you have for a backup catcher is absurd.

Sale pitching next. Time to see if Leon earns his keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    The hatred you have for a backup catcher is absurd.
    At this point, its a joke.......and just a mechanism to keep conversation moving, regardless of the hate I get from it. This place is dead, nothing better to get the conversation moving, than an unpopular opinion, which....in the end, is still my original opinion.

A page from Felger and Mazz if you will.....there is a method behind the madness. I dont care if people like me or not, I just want people to post and to be active.

I want them to win, I just hope they win more when Vasquez performs.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Sale pitching next. Time to see if Leon earns his keep.
    Well, he was able to throw 97 all of a sudden last start with Leon, maybe he locates this time around.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    Thank god for Christian Vasquez, and not Fatty Leon.
    The great thing about Vas upturn at the plate is that he will catch the majority of the games and Leon's games played will be limited with his offensive shortcomings to be dealt with maybe once in five games.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    The great thing about Vas upturn at the plate is that he will catch the majority of the games and Leon's games played will be limited with his offensive shortcomings to be dealt with maybe once in five games.
    Nice comment towards Vaz who has elevated his game, maybe for good or just for awhile. I like his approach and contact rate. Leon will get the "day off" assignments. maybe for Sale, but if Vaz hit .250 for the season that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    Well, he was able to throw 97 all of a sudden last start with Leon, maybe he locates this time around.
    The lack of location in April was a sign of rust especially given the lack of innings in March.

By this point in the season however, sale should be past that and the real sale should be starting.

But instead sale keeps throwing batting practice! Which leads me to ask, is the shoulder fried?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    The lack of location in April was a sign of rust especially given the lack of innings in March.

By this point in the season however, sale should be past that and the real sale should be starting.

But instead sale keeps throwing batting practice! Which leads me to ask, is the shoulder fried?
    Did you miss his last start?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

So good to watch Vaz becoming the AS catcher he's capable of being. IMO, He def deserves an AS appearance. First the TJS then the hand injury slowed him down the last couple years. Now that he's healthy were now starting to see how valuable his bat can be with regular ABs.

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw777 View Post
    So good to watch Vaz becoming the AS catcher he's capable of being. IMO, He def deserves an AS appearance. First the TJS then the hand injury slowed him down the last couple years. Now that he's healthy were now starting to see how valuable his bat can be with regular ABs.
    Welcome back to the board!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Did you miss his last start?
    His velocity was down last night.

Listen, Sale is what he is. He’s a guy who’s had dominant stuff for his entire career who’s stuff is transitioning. He’s got the ability to locate and the movement to still be good at lower velocities, but because he still has his fastball 2/3 of the time this season, he still has to pitch like he’s got his stuff. Why not, when he’s pumping 95, he’s damn near unhittable. What happens at the lower velocities is you don’t challenge hitters up in the zone like Sale does. Sale is a master at changing eye levels. High fastball 95 followed by sweeping slider down at the ankles. You’ve got to cover the entire zone, top to bottom, in to out. When that fastball is 91, you cannot go up in the zone as much because those pitches are hit hard. This means he needs to locate better because the hitter can almost sit slider and adjust to 91 whereas for 95, you won’t hit that if you aren’t ready for it. If Sale is healthy, he will be fine in his transition. But while he still fights himself and fails to adjust when his fastball isn’t there, he’s going to have clunkers.

We went through this with CC. It wasn’t until he drastically altered his approach that he found success. It was painful watching him sell out for 92 when before he could pump 96 whenever he wanted to.

Welcome back to the board!
    Thanks buddy!!! Hope you and the rest of the gang are doing well😎🤙⚾️

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw777 View Post
    Thanks buddy!!! Hope you and the rest of the gang are doing well����⚾️
    Yes, we are doing very well, if by that you mean we're as crazy as ever.

Yes, we are doing very well, if by that you mean we're as crazy as ever.
    But of course, I wouldn't have it any other way