Register now to remove this ad

Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the chances of Porcello being offered a contract extension?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    I think you are bright and if you can look back on this time you would have traded Rick ,Erod ,JDM yes I don't want to be holding a bag of shit but a bag of apples come next January .
    Many seasons can be viewed in hindsight like you are looking now. Heck, some fans thought we had little chance last year, even after our great start and record breaking win season. I think this team is too good pack it all in, and trading everyone would not get us under the tax for this year, so you're talking about at least 1.5 years of giving up.

To me, we could trade Porcello and Moreland and barely notice. We won't get squat for them, so I'm not sure how that helps us going forward. I guess we might get lucky with a prospect we get back, but I wouldn't count on it.

If we look lethargic in late July, I'd think about trading JD, JBJ and maybe Sale, but I seriously doubt we look crappy in 3 weeks.

Sox 4 Ever

You cannot trade Sale. Nobody wants 5 yrs and $145 mil of a guy who's best years are behind him. This is the issue. The sox cannot just dump and run. Their big contracts are just starting or are multiple years from ending.
    The rebuild is complete.

Deity
    Moon your not a Celtics fan I know but man I wish we traded a certain player mid year when it was painfully obvios things went so sideways.I wonder what that player would have fetched with some forethought ? Why can't we learn from The patriots ? Make the trade don't look back .JDM ,EROD. Benny ,Porcello are on the Block .
    I bet the Patriots never say things like ďwhy canít we learn from the Patriots?Ē

If there is a downside to the mega-dynasty that is the New England Patriots, itís the constant call for everyone else to follow their example.

Know why the Sox donít learn from the Patriots? BECAUSE IT ISNíT THAT EASY!!

If it was, donít you think maybe an NFL team or two might have done so by now?

All-Star
    Time to trade Rick to Reds or someone but trade is a must .We cannot just let him leave without getting a few prospects .
    What type of prospects do you expect to get for the rental pitcher with a 5.33 ERA and a $20+ million salary?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    What type of prospects do you expect to get for the rental pitcher with a 5.33 ERA and a $20+ million salary?
    We are not trading Rick. So doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Many seasons can be viewed in hindsight like you are looking now. Heck, some fans thought we had little chance last year, even after our great start and record breaking win season. I think this team is too good pack it all in, and trading everyone would not get us under the tax for this year, so you're talking about at least 1.5 years of giving up.

To me, we could trade Porcello and Moreland and barely notice. We won't get squat for them, so I'm not sure how that helps us going forward. I guess we might get lucky with a prospect we get back, but I wouldn't count on it.

If we look lethargic in late July, I'd think about trading JD, JBJ and maybe Sale, but I seriously doubt we look crappy in 3 weeks.

Honestly I think most of us thought we could go all the way last year if not for Houston. I don't know about the rest of the board but I was not worried about the yankees (last year) but Houston scared me as they were the defending champs and had a better record than their World Series year AND beat us in the regular season...... Nothing convinced me we should beat them especially when we lost game 1...... Once we beat them I had a feeling we would own the Dodgers in the World Series.

This year totally different as the Yankees, Twins, Indians, Astros and Rays all look good and then the Dodgers will likely be in the World Series again and they look very good. But I do agree, on paper we still have way too much talent to start making drastic moves. Maybe if we were 10 games out of a playoff spot or something.... but being just 1 game out of a Wild Card spot I say we keep going and hope to hell our starting rotation (specifically Sale and Porcello) get their shit together the second half of the season and we start beating some of the good teams like the Dodgers who we play tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    He's owned about $9M, and the Sox could pay half or more... assuming we decide to sell.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    He's owned about $9M, and the Sox could pay half or more... assuming we decide to sell.
    And maybe the Sox can kick in a few runs to counter that ERA...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    And maybe the Sox can kick in a few runs to counter that ERA...
    His ERA+ is actually better than Syndergaard's...
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    His ERA+ is actually better than Syndergaard's...
    Only Sox pitchers with recent struggles suck and have no chance of returning to norm.

Sox 4 Ever

Porcello has gone back to the two seam fastball and has been solid his last 2 starts. Coincidence???? I think not.

Sign the man.
    Last edited by TylerD; 09-20-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Porcello has gone back to the two seam fastball and has been solid his last 3 starts. Coincidence???? I think not.

Sign the man.
    LOL.

Fire the guy who convinced him to not throw it.
    Sox 4 Ever

LOL.

Fire the guy who convinced him to not throw it.
    Cora?

Why would someone convince him not to throw it....

All-Star
    I have no problem with us resigning Porcello, but we can not kid ourselves about who we are signing.

He is a .500 pitcher with a high era, who needs a lot of run support.

We have an offense that can give him that.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Porcello has gone back to the two seam fastball and has been solid his last 2 starts. Coincidence???? I think not.

Sign the man.
    Depends on the budget...