Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: First visit to Fenway Park

  1. #1

    First visit to Fenway Park

    Flew the family from LA to Boston and finally caught a game at Fenway vs the Tigers (Sales's start)
    I am generally impressed with how clean a city Boston is. Beautiful historic buildings, nice people and
    the food is awesome! The only thing is trying to find parking is something else, lol.

    As for Fenway Park.. man, the pregame atmosphere, and what a beautiful intimate place to play baseball. Historic, but so well kept and just ooozing with old school charm. The most intimate ball park I ever visited by a mile.
    I just arrived back in Los Angeles but I miss Boston already!

    PS- For those of you that live in and around the Boston area, consider yourselves lucky to be able to
    visit Fenway Park at the drop of a hat.

    Cheers and LGRS!!!

  2. #2
    All-Star bkzwhitestrican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    983
    I give Boston an A+ for the chowder, an A for the cleanliness, a D for the parking/navigability of the streets, and an F for the sports teams.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    I give Boston an A+ for the chowder, an A for the cleanliness, a D for the parking/navigability of the streets, and an F for the sports teams.
    LOL! Then what is the point of you commenting on a Red Sox forum?

  4. #4
    All-Star bkzwhitestrican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    LOL! Then what is the point of you commenting on a Red Sox forum?
    I enjoy the resentment

  5. #5
    Deity Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,159
    Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    Flew the family from LA to Boston and finally caught a game at Fenway vs the Tigers (Sales's start)
    I am generally impressed with how clean a city Boston is. Beautiful historic buildings, nice people and
    the food is awesome! The only thing is trying to find parking is something else, lol.

    As for Fenway Park.. man, the pregame atmosphere, and what a beautiful intimate place to play baseball. Historic, but so well kept and just ooozing with old school charm. The most intimate ball park I ever visited by a mile.
    I just arrived back in Los Angeles but I miss Boston already!

    PS- For those of you that live in and around the Boston area, consider yourselves lucky to be able to
    visit Fenway Park at the drop of a hat.

    Cheers and LGRS!!!
    Glad you and the family finally got to Fenway! I am also envious of the fans that live in the Boston area.
    I try and get up there at least once a season.
    other names i have posted under: none

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Jasonbay44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    16,451
    These historic ballparks are just a different atmosphere. I've been to a few parks, and while parks like Camden Yards and Citizens Bank Park are really nice parks, Fenway and Wrigley are just a special place with a special atmosphere. Same thing with Madison Square Garden in basketball. I went to a Knicks/Raptors game last year, Knicks were AWFUL and it was a late season game, you would've thought it was a playoff game with the atmosphere.

    Fenway is great. Wish I could go more often, but living in Maryland, its a once every few seasons type deal.

  7. #7
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    23,587
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    I enjoy the resentment
    You have a good sense of humor, especially for a Yankee fan.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  8. #8
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    23,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    These historic ballparks are just a different atmosphere. I've been to a few parks, and while parks like Camden Yards and Citizens Bank Park are really nice parks, Fenway and Wrigley are just a special place with a special atmosphere.
    They're OLD places, and the past is still there. Like Augusta National in golf.

    The Henry group was very smart to realize they shouldn't build a new Fenway.

    Maybe they should tear out the seats and rebuild them though, make 'em a little more ergonomically friendly?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  9. #9
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    30,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    They're OLD places, and the past is still there. Like Augusta National in golf.

    The Henry group was very smart to realize they shouldn't build a new Fenway.

    Maybe they should tear out the seats and rebuild them though, make 'em a little more ergonomically friendly?
    Lipstick on a pig. Fenway is a beautiful, but horrible place to watch a game.
    All Rise is fucking stupid.

  10. #10
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    23,587
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Lipstick on a pig. Fenway is a beautiful, but horrible place to watch a game.
    Wouldn't it be a better place to watch if the seats were rebuilt?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  11. #11
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    30,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Wouldn't it be a better place to watch if the seats were rebuilt?
    Maybe? There would be over 1,000 less seats. You'd still have to deal with obstructions, which are more problematic than the comfort of the seats. I don't know. I still believe they should have rebuilt in the seaport before the boom.
    All Rise is fucking stupid.

  12. #12
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    23,587
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Maybe? There would be over 1,000 less seats. You'd still have to deal with obstructions, which are more problematic than the comfort of the seats. I don't know. I still believe they should have rebuilt in the seaport before the boom.
    Well, from Henry's perspective, the fans still show up, and it's probably comfy in the owner's box.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  13. #13
    El mar no cesa iortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    13,093
    I've been in Boston 3 times, and have attended 15 games or so, including an opening day game, a coupe of series vs NY, one vs the Cubs, and three more vs the NATS, Os and Pirates. I've been at Yankee Stadium as well and recently in the World Series in LA and Fort Myers, but the athmosphere and the pre-game experience around Fenway Park is unique and probably unmatchable across the US.

    Said that, yes, it is uncomfortable to watch a game in most seats of the park, the food is really awful and expensive and the tickets and souvenirs are very expensive as well, at least to me. Still I love it, I guess it can't be perfect LOL!.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

  14. #14
    El Niño Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    H-Town, CT
    Posts
    11,336
    It's been over a year now since I last went to Fenway, but the last game I went to, I took my best friend, a Yankees fan, who had only ever been one other time, if at all. I can't quite remember. Anyhow, it was the first Sox-Yankees game of the season, on a 35 degree night. Nothing beat the atmosphere, or the look on his face. He's a big Stanton fan, and I took him for a walk around the main concourse, from the LF line, all the way down and around home plate, canvas alley, the RF corner, then into the bleachers, triangle and CF. That was pretty cool too. So was the game. Mookie GS, Sale vs Sevy, 14-1 win
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    It's been over a year now since I last went to Fenway, but the last game I went to, I took my best friend, a Yankees fan, who had only ever been one other time, if at all. I can't quite remember. Anyhow, it was the first Sox-Yankees game of the season, on a 35 degree night. Nothing beat the atmosphere, or the look on his face. He's a big Stanton fan, and I took him for a walk around the main concourse, from the LF line, all the way down and around home plate, canvas alley, the RF corner, then into the bleachers, triangle and CF. That was pretty cool too. So was the game. Mookie GS, Sale vs Sevy, 14-1 win
    Yeah man... the pregame atmosphere around the park is second to none. It's like a big family event and the park or should I say.. "Pahk" is gorgeous. Stopped by Cask & Flagons just before the game for some New England Clam chowder.. and the calamari.. goddamn! I had my family there with me, we were talking to an usher in the stadium.. just talking some Fenway "Pahk" history, etc... he tosses a BP Benintendi HR ball to my six year old. All the staff are friendly, will take a pic for you. So many things to see and you have access to every part of the park, unlike many other stadiums. It's a baseball treasure.

    I do want to visit Wrigley one day, but Fenway is a tough act to follow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •