Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First visit to Fenway Park

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Well, from Henry's perspective, the fans still show up, and it's probably comfy in the owner's box.
    True enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    I've been in Boston 3 times, and have attended 15 games or so, including an opening day game, a coupe of series vs NY, one vs the Cubs, and three more vs the NATS, Os and Pirates. I've been at Yankee Stadium as well and recently in the World Series in LA and Fort Myers, but the athmosphere and the pre-game experience around Fenway Park is unique and probably unmatchable across the US.

Said that, yes, it is uncomfortable to watch a game in most seats of the park, the food is really awful and expensive and the tickets and souvenirs are very expensive as well, at least to me. Still I love it, I guess it can't be perfect LOL!.
    It makes it brutal for hometown fans. The cheap option is Pawtucket (which I'll be sad to see go).

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    It makes it brutal for hometown fans. The cheap option is Pawtucket (which I'll be sad to see go).
    ...and for foreign fans MVP. Geez it takes at very least like 6,000 USD to go to Boston and attend 4-5 games a week, considering as well flight tickets, hotel, transportation, game tickets, souvenirs, restaurants, shopping, etc. for a party of 3.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    ...and for foreign fans MVP. Geez it takes at very least like 6,000 USD to go to Boston and attend 4-5 games a week, considering as well flight tickets, hotel, transportation, game tickets, souvenirs, restaurants, shopping, etc. for a party of 3.
    Oh I get it. I have no idea how you are able to afford it unless you're making the big bucks with your sports betting now.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Oh I get it. I have no idea how you are able to afford it unless you're making the big bucks with your sports betting now.
    Well, I have to work my ass off 10-12 hours a day, 6 days a week, to afford this hobby and others LOL!

The sports betting helps but it's still just a hobby.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.