Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Long time Sox fan here

Major Leaguer oldmaninthevegasdesert's Avatar

Cool Long time Sox fan here

Evening all, found you doing a search,grew up in Mass but the parents moved us to Southern Nevada in 71.Good to talk to some of the Nation.I catch most of the Sox games on the MLB ripoff out here.Here and Iowa the absolute worst places to live for the package.No Stadium closer then 300 miles yet 6 teams claim us as fanbase. I hate MLB's Blackout rules. Anyhow glad to be aboard.

"As I grew up, I knew that as a building (Fenway Park) was on the level of Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's capitol, the czar's Winter Palace, and the Louvre — except, of course, that is better than all those inconsequential places."

Welcome! Pretty cool seeing where we have fans, especially as you get further from Boston. Look forward to respectfully (or not) disagreeing with you
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

welcome to the thunderdome!
    do any of those 6 teams offer you the games on your local package??
    some of the guys on here have ways to circumvent the blackout rules so maybe they can chime in....
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by oldmaninthevegasdesert View Post
    Evening all, found you doing a search,grew up in Mass but the parents moved us to Southern Nevada in 71.Good to talk to some of the Nation.I catch most of the Sox games on the MLB ripoff out here.Here and Iowa the absolute worst places to live for the package.No Stadium closer then 300 miles yet 6 teams claim us as fanbase. I hate MLB's Blackout rules. Anyhow glad to be aboard.

"As I grew up, I knew that as a building (Fenway Park) was on the level of Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's capitol, the czar's Winter Palace, and the Louvre — except, of course, that is better than all those inconsequential places."
    Los Angeles here. Grew up on the East coast though (NY). You're preaching to the choir with MLB's blackout non sense.
    I use MLB TV but had to resort to a live stream on line yesterday. Welcome aboard.. Join us on the game day threads sometime.

GO SOX!