Register now to remove this ad

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: 6/1 @ Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Yup, that's why Houston won over 100 games last year. Screw the excuses. Last year just about everyone on the SOX overachieved and this year they're more back to normal. This is a .500 ball club as it stands now. Get used to it. There's nothing wrong with JD's back; he's slumping. Just don't expect the numbers he put up last year.
    Also, don't expect a WS appearance in the near future either. In fact, the next time the SOX are in the WS, Cora won't even be the manager.
    Houston didn’t come out and rest everyone last April. They went for it and ended up in the ALCS valiantly defending their title. The Sox treated the league like its servant and they’re getting served for sure

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Houston didn’t come out and rest everyone last April. They went for it and ended up in the ALCS valiantly defending their title. The Sox treated the league like its servant and they’re getting served for sure
    What the hell does that mean.

Look, we're underperforming brutally and you guys are kicking our ass. But I don't think it was because we came into the season thinking we were invincible. Everyone knows you can't do that in MLB. It would be beyond moronic to think so.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    The Red Sox are professional athletes who don’t get to that level without knowing how to be competitive.

While you’re out there making room for the 2019 AL East pennant,best in mind the Sox did start out on an 11 game11 day west coast trip against 2 teams who had to gear up fast for a March start. Since then, we’re 26-21, a record hobbled by another extensive stretch with no off days. Meanwhile, the Yankees have played one third of their games against the Orioles and Royals and gone 15-4 in that stretch. I know while every Yankee fan is salivating over getting Judge and Stanton, etc, back and how great this team will be. Well, considering you’re almost done with Baltimore and KC, maybe those expectations need to be curbed...

Yup....not a troll?
    Ok.
    other names i have posted under: none

After he shot his mouth off on this board last year about the Yankees beating the Sox in the playoffs, I couldn't find the little weasel for weeks on this board. He is a front runner for sure. The Yankees are doing well now so he is peacocking. They haven't won anything yet. Even if they make the playoffs, they won't get past Houston.

At this point I don't think it's too much of a stretch to predict an Astros/Dodgers WS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    After he shot his mouth off on this board last year about the Yankees beating the Sox in the playoffs, I couldn't find the little weasel for weeks on this board. He is a front runner for sure. The Yankees are doing well now so he is peacocking. They haven't won anything yet. Even if they make the playoffs, they won't get past Houston.
    Generally agree that Jacko's posts are irritating, just like losing. But if the Sox players don't want that type trash talk, try winning a game and quiet the noise.

You’re entirely wrong. I rarely, if ever, take a break from the board

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    They are playing for a WC now IMO. They are likely to get it since there is so much dead wood in the AL. I certainly can't predict if they will win a play in game or even if they would play it at home. But they show no signs of being able to make up as much ground as they will need to in an effort to actually compete for the division again. They would have to go off on massive runs and have other teams fold to make that happen. IMO they will be lucky to make up 2 to 3 games games a month on first place out the season.
    At this point is it even worth it? I know anything can happen in the playoffs. But honestly we are 2-8 against Houston and the Yanks. The Sox are showing me absolutely nothing that they can win a series against either of these guys come playoffs.

Price is pitching today. If we can’t win with our best pitcher up we legit are garbage.

Right. Except from the time the Sox smoked the Yankees in the ALCS until the off season.

Fine. Stay on this board. You obviously can't find a Yankee board. Most Sox fans here are just frustrated by this season. We are used to winning World Championships. I can assume that you are really frustrated since the Yankees haven't won anything for 10 years. That has to be tough. Congrats on winning the AL East April-May championship.

I was on the old Boston’s herald forum and I posted he next morning congratulating the Sox. You’re grasping at straws. I’m not a sore loser

Fine. Stay on this board. You obviously can't find a Yankee board. Most Sox fans here are just frustrated by this season. We are used to winning World Championships. I can assume that you are really frustrated since the Yankees haven't won anything for 10 years. That has to be tough. Congrats on winning the AL East April-May championship.
    Thanks for your permission to stay on a board that I’ve been on longer than almost everyone, lol. I also think I’m one of the top posters here all time in volume. I’ve met trolls trying to get rid of me and I’ve outlasted all of them

As a matter of fact, I’ve been on other yanks boards. Some are ridiculous. Some are good. I can never go to NYYfans, they’re ridiculous. Some of my brethren don’t take to criticism. Also, I live in Mass. This is like home for me

Legend
    Good razzing between Yankee Fans and Sox Fans is part of game. Love it. My best Friend at work is a Yankee Fan, Man we razz each other all night.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 06-02-2019 at 04:32 PM.