Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mookie Betts Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Trout got well over $400mill...
    Trout could wind up being the greatest ever. Mookie isn't in his league.
    JBJ is the 14th ranked CFer per dWAR

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Trout could wind up being the greatest ever. Mookie isn't in his league.
    I’ve said before, the almighty trio of “Ruth, Aaron, and Mays” will one day become “Ruth, Aaron, Mays, and Trout”...

I think most of you are forgetting that a lot of Betts value is based on his legs ( speed). Once that goes his value will drop a lot. Legs are always the first thing to go and usually go around 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    if Mookie stays at this rate he is costing himself a ton of $$. he has another year or 2 to make it back.
    although harper did have a pretty meager 2018 and still got well over $300MM...so theres that.....
    Harper got that deal cause the Phillies were desperate and overpaid for him. I'd rather not pay Betts over 300 MIl because of the Phillies stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post
    I think most of you are forgetting that a lot of Betts value is based on his legs ( speed). Once that goes his value will drop a lot. Legs are always the first thing to go and usually go around 30.
    Betts value is from his bat speed.

And Rickey Henderson stole 535 bases after his 30th birthday...

I’ve said before, the almighty trio of “Ruth, Aaron, and Mays” will one day become “Ruth, Aaron, Mays, and Trout”...
    If Cobb wasn't such an asshole, he'd be listed too.

Trout already has a higher JAWS score than Joe DiMaggio.

Betts value is from his bat speed.

And Rickey Henderson stole 535 bases after his 30th birthday...
    How many did he steal before?
    Just proving my point. Even the greatest base runners lose speed once they hit 30

Quote Originally Posted by georom4 View Post
    hahaha that inside the park HR...was he on drugs????? wtf - amazing. what an apt metaphor for this crappy year
    but Mookie wasn't playing RF that inning???
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    If Cobb wasn't such an asshole, he'd be listed too.
    it's funny. there is more and more info coming out that Ty Cobb actually was a nice guy. one reporter had a beef with him for whatever reason and Cobb's legacy is forever tarnished.
    that said, i agree with your other point. in fact i am close to saying Trout is the GOAT as of now. but realize he needs a few more seasons to make it official.....

Correct.

That was right after Benintendi was ejected and the OF was Travis-Betts-Holt...

Don't let a little thing like the facts get in the way of an opportunity to bash Mookie.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Per A700, Mookie didn't even move to backup that play or make an attempt to retrieve the ball. This wasn't shown on tv.

Legend
    it's funny. there is more and more info coming out that Ty Cobb actually was a nice guy. one reporter had a beef with him for whatever reason and Cobb's legacy is forever tarnished.
    that said, i agree with your other point. in fact i am close to saying Trout is the GOAT as of now. but realize he needs a few more seasons to make it official.....
    Of course he was racist. He was born in Georgia in 1886 and was no doubt raised on all manner of racist things. it's possible he realized his error after he retired, but I seriously doubt he was a nice guy during his playing days. I'd put him in the top 5 of hitters/fielders.

Still too early to anoint Trout, but he has been astonishingly consistent at a high level.

My GOAT has always been Willie Mays because he was a bonafide five tool player and a great centerfielder with 660 dingers--and served in the Army.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    My GOAT has always been Willie Mays because he was a bonafide five tool player and a great centerfielder with 660 dingers--and served in the Army.
    i am in full agreement with this.