Register now to remove this ad

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: When does DD push the panic button..??

JD has been having back problems. When he isn't doing well I'm guessing his back is not 100% or some other physical issue maybe related to it. Just because he is out there playing doesn't mean he isn't bothered by some physical issue. Sale had physical issues early in the season. There isn't a binary choice between injured/heathy, but a lot of gradations in between.

Quote Originally Posted by devildavid View Post
    JD has been having back problems. When he isn't doing well I'm guessing his back is not 100% or some other physical issue maybe related to it. Just because he is out there playing doesn't mean he isn't bothered by some physical issue. Sale had physical issues early in the season. There isn't a binary choice between injured/heathy, but a lot of gradations in between.
    Yes, exactly!
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by devildavid View Post
    I think the thing bothering some observers are the pitches that JDM chases recently. He used to be very disciplined. If anything back pain or limitations would tend to discourage swinging the bat in favor of letting more pitches go by. The other mystery is that you can clearly see the "book" of a low away slider/curve is out on the street with respect to getting JD out, chasing. He should know that coming up and recognize the pitch a bit earlier . He needs to force the pitcher to go to his FB with a 2-0 or 3-1 count. He may have physical issues, but he is also having some mental lapses as well.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    I think the thing bothering some observers are the pitches that JDM chases recently. He used to be very disciplined. If anything back pain or limitations would tend to discourage swinging the bat in favor of letting more pitches go by. The other mystery is that you can clearly see the "book" of a low away slider/curve is out on the street with respect to getting JD out, chasing. He should know that coming up and recognize the pitch a bit earlier . He needs to force the pitcher to go to his FB with a 2-0 or 3-1 count. He may have physical issues, but he is also having some mental lapses as well.
    Mental and physical go hand in hand.

Teams rolling. Shut this silly thread down.

Major Leaguer oldmaninthevegasdesert's Avatar
    this thread reminds me of any year from 1968 to 2003, some of you would have quit being fans,if you had to watch the team from from 1962 to 1966, talk about ugly, the ONLY bright spot on those teams was the best hitting pitcher ever,this side of the Babe...Earl Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by oldmaninthevegasdesert View Post
    this thread reminds me of any year from 1968 to 2003, some of you would have quit being fans,if you had to watch the team from from 1962 to 1966, talk about ugly, the ONLY bright spot on those teams was the best hitting pitcher ever,this side of the Babe...Earl Wilson
    Well said.

I’m 31. Started cheering for the team in 02. Literally right before they won a World Series pretty much. I am thankful I have not gone through what my grandpa did with the Sox. I always joke and say the 86 World Series killed him lol. He actually pass 10 years after that. But yes I am forever grateful I have witnessed them win 4 World Series in my life. More than enough to keep me happy till I die.

Hard facts....

This season is over with the product we continue to put out there every game. We can’t compete with the clubs we have made the correct moves to improve! Douchebag Dave might just be the one we need to let go of.... this team has become the Tigers when he was there! It’s time to sell.... we have to find a way to get arms on the roster who have actual MLB talent and not a single A stud who can’t pitch their way out a wet paper bag in the show! Include a couple players that can’t hit for avg or for god sake put down a bunt against a freaking shift! If last year was a fluke then so was Mookie’s season.... he seems more like .250 hitter that we can’t afford to spend 300 million on long term just to handcuff our future! If you guys think there is talent on this roster, maybe it’s time to start firing coaches.... and I mean all coaches! Go ahead guys rake me over the coals here... I’m just calling it like I see it

We don't need a whole slew of the season is over threads. All you had to do was update your when does DD push the panic button thread.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Dear Mr. Dombrowski

Thank you for last year. It was immense. But you know what needs to happen to make this team competitive this year. Cora can only do so much with the groceries he has. Sell, trade, sign... do whatever you have to do in order to give this team a chance this year. Don’t wait until the trading deadline. The sooner the better. One aspect of this team is sabotaging the remaining moving parts. You are the GM of the Boston Red Sox and you know that looking the other way is not an option. Get it done Sir.
    The Bills, The Bruins, The Sabres & The Red Sox.

All-Star
    The team has to NOW be configured for the playoffs. That means quite simply a closer and a big time rotation guy to free up Eovaldi for the BP either during the season or in the playoffs. Even this might be too little for postseason success, but at least we make it there. (If Wright comes around, all the better, but this is hardly something anyone can count on)

Quote Originally Posted by fxkatt View Post
    The team has to NOW be configured for the playoffs. That means quite simply a closer and a big time rotation guy to free up Eovaldi for the BP either during the season or in the playoffs. Even this might be too little for postseason success, but at least we make it there. (If Wright comes around, all the better, but this is hardly something anyone can count on)
    The Renfroe idea has been kicked around. That and trading for two arms will be enough imo. I don’t know if we can count on Eovaldi at all this year. The cut to the chase analysis is that he has a strong arm that has trouble remaining healthy i.e., setback after setback.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    The Renfroe idea has been kicked around. That and trading for two arms will be enough imo. I don’t know if we can count on Eovaldi at all this year. The cut to the chase analysis is that he has a strong arm that has trouble remaining healthy i.e., setback after setback.
    Yeah, I'm not up to date on Eovaldi. I had assumed he would be back by the All-Star break, with a brand new elbow in place.

With three full months left to play , the season is certainly not over . That sounds like a carry over from the usual game thread hysteria .

Season is not over. The season sucks but it’s not over. When you’re only 2 games out of a playoff spot the season isn’t over. Yankees are better than us no doubt but that doesn’t mean the season is over.