Register now to remove this ad

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: When does DD push the panic button..??

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    X/0 does not equal infinity, but I understood where Bell was coming from.

When X is divided by numbers getting increasingly and infinitely closer to zero, the quotient approaches infinity. (Unless the numerator is also approaching 0, in which case you have the indeterminate form of 0/0.)

But as I mentioned, we are now getting into a completely different concept of mathematical limits.

It's how I can prove that .9 repeating is equal to 1.

I will now stop mesmerizing the masses with math, since as of today, I am officially on summer vacation.
    you are a barrel of laughs. When a pitcher gives up runs without getting any outs, I will continue to mockingly joke that his ERA is infinity.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Yet according to most sports pages and box scores, his ERA is —-
    You have quite the funny bone too.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

you are a barrel of laughs. When a pitcher gives up runs without getting any outs, I will continue to mockingly joke that his ERA is infinity.
    Baseball-Reference uses infinity for that, as Trevor Rosenthal's 2019 game log will attest.

In Rosenthal's first 4 outings this year he faced 9 batters and allowed 7 earned runs without recording an out.

So his ERA after 4 appearances was still infinity!

(After his 5th appearance his ERA was 72.00.)
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Edwin to Yankees .So much for Edwin in Boston .Get to watch him up close all year now .Ohhhhh goodie .who the hell is Juan Then ? And how do we not beat this ? Paethetic .Steve Pearce better step his damn game up .pfff those saying Edwin was going to acquire a haul ? Yeah don't quit your day jobs .Juan Then was ranked 28th prospect in the YANKEES organization ???? WTF are we doing ?
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 06-15-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Edwin to Yankees .So much for Edwin in Boston .Get to watch him up close all year now .Ohhhhh goodie .who the hell is Juan Then ? And how do we not beat this ? Paethetic .Steve Pearce better step his damn game up .pfff those saying Edwin was going to acquire a haul ? Yeah don't quit your day jobs .Juan Then was ranked 28th prospect in the YANKEES organization ???? WTF are we doing ?
    Sighhhh..

They are also splitting Edwin's salary ??? Lol this gets better and better .

I hope that it blows the F up in their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    I hope that it blows the F up in their faces.
    i want to throw up .Outplayed ,out coached ,out GMd this year so far .

i want to throw up .Outplayed ,out coached ,out GMd this year so far .
    So do I. How many clean up hitters do they have on that team? Four?

Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    So do I. How many clean up hitters do they have on that team? Four?
    I honestly think this is a F you to Dave And Boston Fans .We are the Yankees and we will sign 10 Fn DH if we wish .I hate the FN team .

Legend
    From USA Today baseball writer Bob Nightengale:

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/sta...76951064870912

For what it's worth, this Seattle fan is OK with the return although I had hoped the Mariners would pay down the contract more to get a better prospect.

Welcome back to the Seattle organization, Juan Then.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    From USA Today baseball writer Bob Nightengale:

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/sta...76951064870912

For what it's worth, this Seattle fan is OK with the return although I had hoped the Mariners would pay down the contract more to get a better prospect.

Welcome back to the Seattle organization, Juan Then.
    We drug our feet and got bent over .Anyone with a monicure of brain matter would place Edwin with Boston at Fenway .I am totally disgusted by Dave this year with the Pearce signing why Pearce ? My God what a freaking joke 2019 has become .we needed that bat against above 500'teams not those bastards Ffffffffffffffffffff uuuuuuuuu
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 06-15-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Apparently, the Seattle pay down makes the salary hit just $3.4M for the Yanks.

Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Apparently, the Seattle pay down makes the salary hit just $3.4M for the Yanks.

My God .....Please go get Hunter Renfro NOW !!!!Have to Respond to this .Shit I'm so pissed off right now .HOW HOW How the hell do we let this happen ? How do we not beat this shit offer ? How much does Seattle FN hate us ?Dave wake the Fuck up !!! Padres are telling teams everyone for sale besides Manny .MAKE THE FREaKINg CALllllllll
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 06-15-2019 at 09:31 PM.

My God .....Please go get Hunter Renfro NOW !!!!Have to Respond to this .Shit I'm so pissed off right now .HOW HOW How the hell do we let this happen ? How do we not beat this shit offer ? How much does Seattle FN hate us ?
    EE is having back issues, and certainly the Pearce signing looks like a massive overpay right now, but give DD some time. He's no dummy.

Relax. We got this.
    Sox 4 Ever