Register now to remove this ad

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: 06/10 Texas Rangers Vs Boston Red Sox

We just won the WS last year. I know the team is definitely underperforming but a nice winning streak and we’re right back into the race. All we need to do is get into the playoffs. Also it’s the players that are underperforming. Benny, Betts, and JD are all underperforming in comparison to last year. I will say all the calls Cora made last year are not working as well this year. The biggest thing he needs to do in my opinion is name a closer and not do this closer by committee because whichever reliever he picks is thrown right into a high pressure situation. If you picks Brasier, Barnes, Hembree, or whoever. Just pick him and let him be the closer. He’ll get used to pitching in the ninth-inning instead of being thrown into that situation. That’s exactly what happened tonight with Brazier and he gave up the tying run and then eventually we lost.

I will have to agree with you on that one they do seem to be playing uninspired baseball. It’s like they’re saying we won the World Series last year and we will get going this year when we get going and if we don’t make the playoffs oh well we won the World Series last year. That crap does get old especially trying to watch it.

I watched to the top of the 9th when the Rangers scored. The Sox seemed content with the 2 runs from Beni. Angel Hernandez’ missed call really hurt the Sox. Barnes cannot close. Brasier’s career has struck midnight. The pen creation from DD has finally run out of time. Without a closer, the pen is going to struggle going forward vs the best teams. I have heard a lot of criticism over the Yanks schedule, but the fact is, the Sox schedule has been just as bad up to now. The better hitting teams are on the docket and the pitching will need to be up to the task. The Sox pen has been a paper tiger till now, but they’re now heading towards a gas can with a blowtorch.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Blew it. Ugh. Brutal night for sports.
    It gets no worse than Monday night, Tyler. Why do we do it to ourselves?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

1. the raptors will win game 6
    2. the bruins will win game 7
    3. i have not been this "mad" at the Boston Red Sox since game 7 of the 2008 ALCS. reason #1...the Greatest Red Sox Player of All Time was shot the night before and this team cannot even get up for this game and win one for the proverbial Gipper? WTF Cora. if he didn't flip the spread after last nights game i am all in on WTF Cora. for real. Barnes should immediately apologize to Red Sox Nation and to David Ortiz and his family.
    other names i have posted under: none

Are there any documented cases of a baseball manager flipping the spread or otherwise having a postgame freakout since Hal MacRae went off that time?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    I don't know how pissed off I am as much as I am appalled. They are making the Astro's 2018 repeat effort look heroic in comparison.

Anybody looked at some film of Mookie and his swing last year and his swing this year? I have not. I have a feeling that its not as compact this year as last....and therefore not as quick through the strike zone. That might actually be a consequence of swinging at crap. He is getting to two strikes by taking good pitches to hit and then swinging at crap. Then the coup d' grace has been 2 strike crap low on the outer edge and swinging at THOSE pitches appears to have opened up his swing some in an effort to reach dead nuts pitchers pitches. I think its altered his swing on everything now.

Can be fixed. But if he is going to keep taking good pitches to hit and swinging at crap, I don't see how this is supposed to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It gets no worse than Monday night, Tyler. Why do we do it to ourselves?
    Sports can be an amazing part of life. And then...... Monday happens and you’re reminded how frustrating sports can truly be lol!

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    I don't know how pissed off I am as much as I am appalled. They are making the Astro's 2018 repeat effort look heroic in comparison.

Anybody looked at some film of Mookie and his swing last year and his swing this year? I have not. I have a feeling that its not as compact this year as last....and therefore not as quick through the strike zone. That might actually be a consequence of swinging at crap. He is getting to two strikes by taking good pitches to hit and then swinging at crap. Then the coup d' grace has been 2 strike crap low on the outer edge and swinging at THOSE pitches appears to have opened up his swing some in an effort to reach dead nuts pitchers pitches. I think its altered his swing on everything now.

Can be fixed. But if he is going to keep taking good pitches to hit and swinging at crap, I don't see how this is supposed to get better.
    Well said. It’s actually astonishing we beat the Astros last year it really is. One thing is for sure. If we continue to score 3 runs or less on these top teams we have zero chance at making a wildcard spot. I won’t even talk about winning the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Are there any documented cases of a baseball manager flipping the spread or otherwise having a postgame freakout since Hal MacRae went off that time?
    who knows. we (fans/public) should never know. but hopefully he sent a message to the players. or maybe WTF Cora just hugged them all after the "tough" loss....

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    who knows. we (fans/public) should never know. but hopefully he sent a message to the players. or maybe WTF Cora just hugged them all after the "tough" loss....
    That sounds like more of a Farrell thing TBH.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    That sounds like more of a Farrell thing TBH.
    you are probably right. WTF Cora was probably too busy strategizing who to give a rest to in today's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    you are probably right. WTF Cora was probably too busy strategizing who to give a rest to in today's game.
    We are dominating the division. Might as well give half the team the day off.