3. J.D. Martinez (R) DH
    4. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
    5. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
    6. Brock Holt (L) LF
    7. Christian Vazquez (R) C
    8. Marco Hernandez (L) 2B
    9. Michael Chavis (R) 1B

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Now that I can get on board with. He still keeps himself in really good shape at least!
    The way things are going, you might have to watch some Chuck Norris movies.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    1. Shin-Soo Choo (L) LF
    2. Danny Santana (S) CF
    3. Elvis Andrus (R) SS
    4. Nomar Mazara (L) RF
    5. Hunter Pence (R) DH 4-5 (4 Hr's, 10RsBI)
    6. Asdrubal Cabrera (S) 3B
    7. Rougned Odor (L) 2B
    8. Ronald Guzman (L) 1B
    9. Tim Federowicz (R) C

1. Mookie Betts (R) RF 0-3
    2. Andrew Benintendi (L) CF 0-3
    3. J.D. Martinez (R) DH 0-3
    4. Rafael Devers (L) 3B 1-3
    5. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS 0-3
    6. Brock Holt (L) LF 0-3
    7. Christian Vazquez (R) C 0-3
    8. Marco Hernandez (L) 2B 0-3
    9. Michael Chavis (R) 1B 0-3
    Just starting Beni in CF is a bad omen to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    Good for "de Doyers". I'm sure that there are a number of similar examples throughout
    baseball's 150 year history.

I'd love to be wrong about this and I would be the first guy to admit it.
    But please tell me what you have seen FROM THIS YEARS TEAM that gives
    you confidence in September and possibly October. Virtually every position
    player is having a down year, Devers & Bogaerts notwithstanding. We have nagging
    injuries. We are dealing with an absolute mess in the pen brought to us in part
    by Alex Cora. That aside.. does the fielding and base running look solid to you thus far?

Go Bruins!

Do you think the Dodgers were playing quality baseball en route to losing 32 times in their first 65 games?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    perhaps its Van Damme time?

Whoa!! Slow down!! We aren’t the Orioles here!

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Whoa!! Slow down!! We aren’t the Orioles here!
    I like Kickboxer, Bloodsport, Lionheart, The Quest and Sudden Death

Actually out of his new movies I really liked The Bouncer. A super dark violent role but pretty cool. Van Damme can be entertaining if he wants.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Just starting Beni in CF is a bad omen to begin with.
    The only omen worth considering is starting a rookie straight up from AA and being backed up by a bullpen that gave up 3 runs last night after Sale went 7 and gave up 1 unearned run.

JBJ is vastly better in CF, but doesn't often get to demonstrate it. And right now the bigger issue is getting the right bats in the lineup. Beni hit that 2 run dinger in the 1st last night, and the Sox scored 1 run in the next 10 innings and were 1 for 8 with RISP.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    The only omen worth considering is starting a rookie straight up from AA and being backed up by a bullpen that gave up 3 runs last night after Sale went 7 and gave up 1 unearned run.

JBJ is vastly better in CF, but doesn't often get to demonstrate it. And right now the bigger issue is getting the right bats in the lineup. Beni hit that 2 run dinger in the 1st last night, and the Sox scored 1 run in the next 10 innings and were 1 for 8 with RISP.
    Would it kill us to put up a few runs against a top team as well? I would love to see the offense come alive tonight. We may need 9 or more to win this game. Last year I could trust that this team would do it..... Now..... totally different story.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Would it kill us to put up a few runs against a top team as well? I would love to see the offense come alive tonight. We may need 9 or more to win this game. Last year I could trust that this team would do it..... Now..... totally different story.
    Agree. The Sox total runs scored are 5th or 6th best this year, but nowhere near that against good teams. RISP is a special problem bad enough that Cora is talking about it. Last night, for example, Mookie and Beni led off the 9th with a walk and a single only to have Devers hit into a GIDP.

Legend

Reminds me of an old Bill Parcells quote (You are what your record says you are.) Right now the Sox record says they are a middle of the road team.

Legend
    Agree. The Sox total runs scored are 5th or 6th best this year, but nowhere near that against good teams. RISP is a special problem bad enough that Cora is talking about it. Last night, for example, Mookie and Beni led off the 9th with a walk and a single only to have Devers hit into a GIDP.
    Devers is hitting sub 200 for the lat 7 days as is Chavis and Mookie is hitting right at 200. Hard to win games with so many starters having weak at bats.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Sox lost last night with you making the game thread. Why in the Hell did you make the post today?!??!?!?!?!?
    Given the specific nature of last night's loss, one of the very worst of the year given Sale's splendid start, you gotta like the chutzpah of someone who wants to go back for more while breaking a board rule. I might add with a Double A rookie on the mound tonight.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 06-11-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Devers is hitting sub 200 for the lat 7 days as is Chavis and Mookie is hitting right at 200. Hard to win games with so many starters having weak at bats.
    Agree. For a while, the Sox were hitting well and up near the top in team OPS and runs scored. But not against good pitching.

Deity
    I am actually tired of hearing that I am supposed to be impressed because they are 5-6 ranked in offensive categories. We are 5th in the league in runs scored. We are only +33 in run differential. We are among the last 3 teams in the league that actually has a + run differential. There are a total of 7 teams with a + differential. The other 8 can't produce a + differential.

We can blame the pitching. But there is no missing that 1-6 in this order have not produced consistently. If anything, now the entire bunch 1-6 are not hitting at all, never mind consistently. Take X out and where are these guys....NOWHERE thats where.

They need to either bunch hits more often or hit more HR's....one or the other. In fact, they need to do more of both. Scoring 2-3 even 4 runs per game and leaving the game in the hands of our journeyman relief pitchers does not sound like a winning tactic to me.

I still think they make a wild card play in game, saved by the number of utter trash teams in the league. No telling what happens at that point because no matter who you put on the mound for that play-in game, there is no bigger crap shoot in baseball than that game.

Given the specific nature of last night's loss, one of the very worst of the year given Sale's splendid start, you gotta like the chutzpah of someone who wants to go back for more while breaking a board rule. I might add with a Double A rookie on the mound tonight.
    When we win tonight. I’ll quote this post