Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yankees acquire Edwin Encarnacion

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Frazier is staring at a demotion. Not because he should be, just that he’s squeezed out with our current squad. He’s been awesome offensively
    Part of my point

It's a tough break for the kid. His .855OPS would be 5th on your squad, right there with Devers and Moreland and ahead of Betts. Yet he's the odd man out. I hope he takes this well and goes down to work on his defense. That is the one flaw in his game. He's not a burner and won't steal bases, but he is a good runner capable of showing good range and going 1st to third or scoring from second. He's got a cannon for an arm. He has lightning quick wrists and power to spare. He just takes the worst routes and makes bad reads, usually in a reckless manner. If he can be controlled in the field, he will have a future here. If he isn't shipped out, he is gonna be our starting LFer next yr
    Hal sucks

I would have liked to see the Sox get Encarnacion. I think most Sox fans would agree . It is kind of disingenuous to say otherwise.

Encarnacion would have taken over 1b with Chavis moving to 2b and allowing your lineup to be more dangerous. He was definitely a target for the sox, but the money was too much to handle. With where the sox are in terms of lux tax, they don't have the means to add more than one piece that costs money
    Hal sucks

Encarnacion would have taken over 1b with Chavis moving to 2b and allowing your lineup to be more dangerous. He was definitely a target for the sox, but the money was too much to handle. With where the sox are in terms of lux tax, they don't have the means to add more than one piece that costs money
    The problem is EE can't play 1B everyday and maybe not even most days, especially if his back continues acting up.

We have a DH who should only DH. His name is JD Martinez.

While I would have liked to have had EE on our roster, I think we need pitching more than a DH/1Bman.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Frazier is staring at a demotion. Not because he should be, just that he’s squeezed out with our current squad. He’s been awesome offensively
    Clint Frazier can hit Triple-A pitching, he just isn't overly productive against major league pitching. Take away Frazier's 30 at bats against Baltimore this year (a Triple-A pitching staff) and his 28 at bats against Kansas City's Triple-A pitching staff and you begin to see why he isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut. It goes without saying that the guy is a complete train wreck defensively. Cashman will try to move him for an SP--it'll be interesting to see if he can find a sucker for a guy who just isn't a very good baseball player.

There is a peculiar dynamic going on in the AL this year, with several teams going through a rebuild with rosters consisting of Triple-A players rather than legitimate major league players. This has probably also been a factor in the top-heavy records of some of the AL teams.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 06-16-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I would have liked to see the Sox get Encarnacion. I think most Sox fans would agree . It is kind of disingenuous to say otherwise.

I would have loved it, especially if all the Sox gave up was some long shot sub-A-ball teenager...

Deity

The real problem is that Mitch Moreland is still alive and under contract. So 1b was never anything the Sox were thinking about...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    They could have moved Frazier anyway. Not like EE plays his position,and with the possibility of Dtanton and Judge returning soon, it1) an odd time to get EE and 2) likely Frazier was looking at a demotion anyway.

The notion the Yankees only acquired him to keep him out of Boston, Houston and Tampa is silly. First of all, you can’t go out acquiring every player that l will help your rivals; they’re too many options. And second, don’t you think Seattle pushed him on the teams with obvious needs? DiPoto has heard of the Astros. He might have even worked for them once. He called. They hung up...
    Not only that, Encarncion has been on the trade market forever. It was well known that the Mariners wanted to move him right after acquiring him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    Clint Frazier can hit Triple-A pitching, he just isn't overly productive against major league pitching. Take away Frazier's 30 at bats against Baltimore this year (a Triple-A pitching staff) and his 28 at bats against Kansas City's Triple-A pitching staff and you begin to see why he isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut. It goes without saying that the guy is a complete train wreck defensively. Cashman will try to move him for an SP--it'll be interesting to see if he can find a sucker for a guy who just isn't a very good baseball player.

There is a peculiar dynamic going on in the AL this year, with several teams going through a rebuild with rosters consisting of Triple-A players rather than legitimate major league players. This has probably also been a factor in the top-heavy records of some of the AL teams.

Lol, you’re such a moron. You’ve hated Frazier since we got him and now that he’s hitting big league pitching, you’re pulling small sample sizes. You’re such a troll

Encarnacion is leading the league in home runs. The Yankees got him for a marginal prospect. They will be paying him less than we are paying Pearce . How any Sox fan can be happy about this is beyond me.

Encarnacion is leading the league in home runs. The Yankees got him for a marginal prospect. They will be paying him less than we are paying Pearce . How any Sox fan can be happy about this is beyond me.
    i am not happy at all about this. Encarnacion has always been a wrecking ball at Fenway.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Not happy at all. And while I suspect Mitch Moreland was the reason the Sox passed, that’s not enough in my eyes...

EE also kills us. Glad he’s on our side

I think Encarnacion kills everyone, the dude can straight up hit. I guess the positive of him heading to Yankees is I own him in fantasy and I assume this is big boost for his value.