Register now to remove this ad

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: 6/21 vS The Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    A juiced ball?
    Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Agree. Your getting many balls hit close to the 500 ft. mark this year. Maybe 1 a year, is about right. I think last 2 Sanchez hit were 480 and 481. He's got tremendous power, but come on.
    When I see balls hit to Center, that are not hit good, but keep carrying, something is not right. Many look like they have not gotten it fully. Carrying over Center Field. Vazquez has pull power, that one was slugger like. Over Right Center BP. Opposite Field HR's really tell what real Power a batter has.
    Games move so slow, they have to make it exciting.
    Take the win, it would have been worse losing, with the Yanks winning. Cant do that while they play the Astros, and we play a bad team.
    Yeah, the juiced ball and the distance it's flying is ridiculous.

Evidently it's what MLB wants - Launch that thing or Swish!
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Legend
    Just hope a Pitcher don't gets killed.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Yeah, the juiced ball and the distance it's flying is ridiculous.

Evidently it's what MLB wants - Launch that thing or Swish!

Ketel Marte has 20 home runs. He’s like 5’9 160 lbs, and on his career, had only 22 home runs in the majors and minors combined!!

So yeah, ball is juiced...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Ketel Marte has 20 home runs. He’s like 5’9 160 lbs, and on his career, had only 22 home runs in the majors and minors combined!!

So yeah, ball is juiced...
    To me the hilarious part is that MLB decided to PROVE the ball is juiced this year by introducing it in AAA ball, where the homer rate has increased by 50%.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    A front apparently just went through Boston, so this game will likely be played. Even with Sale on the mound, a win tonight is not assured, but the Sox are playing very well right now and no doubt want this to be the second win of another longish streak.

With Devers presumably resting his hammie, I think Cora will move Bogie up to 4th, Holt up to 5th, Chavis 6th, Bradley 7th, Nunez 8th and Leon 9th. First three will remain Betts, Benintendi, and Martinez.

Sox have lost both games in which Devers did not play this year--extremely small sample size. Remember those recent great grabs Devers made going back for pop flies? Nunez doesn't do those. He's pretty good at getting his glove on ground balls hit to the right or left, just not good at actually fielding them. His OPS is .571--lower than Leon's .582. Devers has the 3d best WAR on the team, 2.6. Nunez has the worst, -.8.

Chavis now has a 9 game hitting streak, 12 for 41, .292. He had 6 hits in the 12 games before that.
    This proved to be surprisingly prophetic, especially about Nunez and Devers because, in the end, Devers did get into the game and moreover tied it with a pinch hit single. Nunez remains dog doodoo.

However, even though I said the Sox could lose with Sale starting, I did not at all expect him to give up 4 runs (3 earned). He did however go 5 and did very well getting the last two outs with men on 1st and 2d.

A broken record, but I continue to believe the rotation overall is overpaid and under-performing and the bullpen is underpaid and over-performing. Thus everyone, even Cora, went completely ape when ERod went 7 innings (giving up 4 runs) in the 3d game at Minnesota.

Legend
    Toronto is tied in all of the Majors with the lowest BA. .224 with SF. Sale should be dominating against these guys. Just hope it was an off day. Twins are leading the Majors in BA, with a .272 BA as a team. ERod did alright. Especially on the road.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 06-22-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    A broken record, but I continue to believe the rotation overall is overpaid and under-performing and the bullpen is underpaid and over-performing. Thus everyone, even Cora, went completely ape when ERod went 7 innings (giving up 4 runs) in the 3d game at Minnesota.
    That may be a fair point. Of course what starters are asked to do, go 6-7 quality innings, is much different from what relievers are asked to do, so it's a bit of apples-oranges.

Toronto is tied in all of the Majors with the lowest BA. .224 with SF. Sale should be dominating against these guys. Just hope it was an off day. Twins are leading the Majors in BA, with a .272 BA as a team. ERod did alright.
    There is a pile of randomness in baseball.

It's time for me to recite what Mike Mussina said again. Mussina said that out of 32 starts, he would have 8 where everything was working, 8 where nothing was working, and 16 where something was working.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    A juiced ball?
    Balls don't carry like they do now 5 years ago. The juiced ball is something else, especially seeing them at Coors Field. Holy man it's majestic as how deep and open Coors is and seeing how far and HIGH it really travels. You can't help but marveled how MLB is engineering it.

Toronto is tied in all of the Majors with the lowest BA. .224 with SF. Sale should be dominating against these guys. Just hope it was an off day. Twins are leading the Majors in BA, with a .272 BA as a team. ERod did alright. Especially on the road.
    Off days happen. Even to the best. Chalk it up to that. Hopefully he rebounds.

I never doubted that the Sox would inevitably win the game . And I say again that they will sweep this series against this pathetic excuse for a major league club .

The ball is a freaking superball now .this is helps the Yankees the most .High time someone who catches a suspicious HR over 440 feet should cut it open and compare and report .