Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/22 vS The Blue Jays

Major Leaguer oldmaninthevegasdesert's Avatar
    let the kid throw another inning, he's got this

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Well said. That's the main reason there so few good hitters and a ton of average or less hitters.
    IMO Manfred has been his own worst enemy in this. You can't convince me that he does not know he has been using ever juicier rocket ship baseballs year by year and he has so far only paid lip service to doing something about the shift. He probably thought it would be a few more years before pitchers would start throwing tons of breaking stuff. But NOOOOOOO!!!! That is probably what he says at night in front of the bathroom mirror before he brushes his teeth. "But NOOOOOO!!!!!"

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Looks like his day is done. I would give him the six innings. I think he could go one more possibly two. He looked really good in the fifth.
    How many pitches he has? Cora does some weird stuff. Just keep him in the game.

Baltimore should change to the Crab Cakes. Toronto should go with Tontos.

At the rate Cora is using the pen,come October we will be lucky to have anyone out there who's knuckles are not dragging on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    80 something, 83 exactly
    Last edited by oldmaninthevegasdesert; 06-22-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Deity
    The funny thing about the the power pitching and power hitting thing is that all the pub on the pitching side is about mph....ALL OF IT. So Manfred had all the PR working his way, all these guys throwing 95+ and yet baseball is just the sort of game that self-adjusts most of the time. Suddenly he has all these guys now throwing curve after curve...breaker after breaker, denying hitters FB's in FB counts. Probably giving him nightmares.

Whoops, my Manfred voodoo doll just slipped out from under the seat cushion. Let me get that back where it belongs.

I wouldn't be surprised if VAZ was among the leaders on the SOX in exit velocity.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 06-22-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmaninthevegasdesert View Post
    At the rate Cora is using the pen,come October we will be lucky to have anyone out there who's knuckles are not dragging on the ground
    With sissy pitch counts, most teams have to overuse their pens.

enjoy the game and the rest of the game,heading to the pool

Nice job by Johnson. He showed a lot of his Johnson there.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Agreed. Sometimes his decisions make me scratch my head. However the bullpen has been playing pretty good lately and we have a five run lead. So maybe it’s not a horrible decision. Reliever Shawaryn looks good

Shawaryn, so far, has been a very pleasant surprise.

Deity
    Got big dick tomorrow with a possibility of a sweep should we hang on here.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Agreed. Sometimes his decisions make me scratch my head. However the bullpen has been playing pretty good lately and we have a five run lead. So maybe it’s not a horrible decision. Reliever Shawaryn looks good
    I don't see any mystery in pulling Johnson. He was on the IL and has been used mostly in relief, so 83 pitches is actually quite a few.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.