Register now to remove this ad

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: 6/22 vS The Blue Jays

Ugly loss.. NO excuse for this loss. Bull pen just plain out sucks..

Deity
    You cannot have these losses that should be wins. Brutal

Barnes and Brasier were told to stay in their homes tonight and to keep the doors locked.

Just noticed the score. Weren't we up 6-0 at one point? What a difference a year makes. Thanks Dumbo for all the great relief help. Wait til next year.

I’m gonna drink beer. That helps.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Barnes and Brasier were told to stay in their homes tonight and to keep the doors locked.
    Also disabled their instagram accounts. Can only imagine the hate they will get and with good reason. I rather get beat by a hit than two walks. That’s just spineless pitching by brasier.

The word pathetic is used quite often here, so I will employ it again. The RF in the Yankem sandbox is pathetic.

The word pathetic is used quite often here, so I will employ it again. The RF in the Yankem sandbox is pathetic.
    Especially, when it's combined with a 'juiced' baseball.

Deity
    Yankees again? Those guys are just rolling while we are blowing 5 run leads to the lousy blue jays.

If the LF wall in Fenway was cut down to 5 feet, it would be RF in Yankem park.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    I would love to get another starter and a BP arm.
    Either go all in get the pieces or sell and build for 2020 and beyond .Matty B and Brasier are great people but neither are consistent .I agree we need a starter a closer but think we need a bat also .I think if you go duck tape route we won't make the playoffs if we go all in and empty the farm ? Like empty the farm we would need A solid number 4 starter a closer that's dominant and Hunter Renfroe lol we would win the World Series .Empty the farm out go all in roll the dice on this group don't be Danny Ainge be Dealin Dave .
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 06-22-2019 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Either go all in get the pieces or sell and build for 2020 and beyond .Matty B and Brasier are great people but neither are consistent .I agree we need a starter a closer but think we need a bat also .I think if you go duck tape route we won't make the playoffs if we go all in and empty the farm ? Like empty the farm we would need A solid number 4 starter a closer dominant and Hunter Renfroe lol
    What’s the point of making it to the post season if you have no chance of winning a World Series. Imagine this pen, spent after a grueling 162 games.. the last few weeks will be like post season games anyway. We need two BP arms without question. Renfroe would be a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    What’s the point of making it to the post season if you have no chance of winning a World Series. Imagine this pen, spent after a grueling 162 games.. the last few weeks will be like post season games anyway. We need two BP arms without question. Renfroe would be a bonus.
    I wouldn’t say we don’t have a chance to win. Houston and Tampa look terrible and we just beat Minnesota in a 3 game series. Our bullpen is not that good but the bullpen is totally different come playoffs where starters will pitch and stuff. The Yankees are the one team that scares me. Houston and Tampa look horrible lately. This team needs to focus on making playoffs that’s it. Once they are in I honestly think they can go on a run. We coughed up a bad game today which shouldn’t have happened. Offensively we did enough to win. I think Johnson should have got another inning or two and if so we win and are 9-1 in our last 10. As it stands we are in a wild card spot and really nobody outside of the Yankees looks that dominant. Get a couple players in the bullpen and get Eovaldi back healthy and we are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Either go all in get the pieces or sell and build for 2020 and beyond .Matty B and Brasier are great people but neither are consistent .I agree we need a starter a closer but think we need a bat also .I think if you go duck tape route we won't make the playoffs if we go all in and empty the farm ? Like empty the farm we would need A solid number 4 starter a closer that's dominant and Hunter Renfroe lol we would win the World Series .Empty the farm out go all in roll the dice on this group don't be Danny Ainge be Dealin Dave .
    As maddening as he can be, nobody they get for a #4 starter is going to be better than ERod.

Who are you trading to get this dominant closer? There isn’t much in the farm system right now. Ditto a trade for Renfroe (and where does he play if you get him?).
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    He wont be cheap. He's elite power bat, only 27 and I believe has 3 more years of control.
    Entering this season with one year and 165 days of MLB service, Hunter Renfroe should be a Super Two after this season with four more years of team control.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...enfrhu01.shtml