Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 06/25/19 White Sox (Fulmer.....who?) @ Red Sox (Price)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Ahem. Wright is not just a great pitcher, but a skilled all around baseball player as well. I don’t know about pinch-hitting, but the guy is a wonder on the basepaths. Hopefully, Devers will watch him a learn a thing or two.
    He's no Rick Porcello

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Saw it coming the moment he got hurt
    I saw it coming the moment he got signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Ahem. Wright is not just a great pitcher, but a skilled all around baseball player as well. I donít know about pinch-hitting, but the guy is a wonder on the basepaths. Hopefully, Devers will watch him a learn a thing or two.
    And I thought I was cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Haven't you been talking about how it's a power game now?
    That is what Manfred wanted, that is what the press wanted, that is what MLB wanted from both the plate and the mound. In this one respect Manfred and MLB and has been foiled. I am sure Manfred stands in front of his mirror at night before he brushes his teeth and screams "BUT NOOOOO".

But Yes Commissioner. In about the shortest period of time imaginable, the pitchers have foiled you and your vaunted MLB hitters can't hit this breaking shit with their launch angle garbage. Suck on that one Commissioner.

Eovaldi was one of the big reasons the SOX won it all last year. His arm problems this year shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    That is what Manfred wanted, that is what the press wanted, that is what MLB wanted from both the plate and the mound. In this one respect Manfred and MLB and has been foiled. I am sure Manfred stands in front of his mirror at night before he brushes his teeth and screams "BUT NOOOOO".

But Yes Commissioner. In about the shortest period of time imaginable, the pitchers have foiled you and your vaunted MLB hitters can't hit this breaking shit with their launch angle garbage. Suck on that one Commissioner.
    Well, he is getting a record number of home runs.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

How juiced is the baseball? People sitting in Uecker seats are bringing gloves to the ballpark.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 06-25-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Well, he is getting a record number of home runs.
    Thanks to continuing to change the baseball. Now has the rocket ship of rocket ships as an MLB official game ball and still has the unmitigated gall to claim that he knows nothing. MY ASS.

All a hitter with even decent power has to do is just touch it with the barrel of the bat, ANYWHERE ON THE BARREL and its gone.

In fact he can still go farther if he wants to and apparently nobody within baseball is going to stand in his way. The balls they use for the Home Run Derby are even more a rocket ship than the MLB 2019 official game ball.

Generally low quality pitching helps the HR numbers as well. This is gonna' get really funny if MLB tries to expand.

Looks like the children might get wet tonight

any word on start time?

Damn rain delay.

Think this W.Sox starter threw for the Tigers last year

nope wrong one
    Last edited by oldmaninthevegasdesert; 06-25-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Eck IMO is this year only tolerable in the booth if Jerry is also there.

White Sox broadcasts just aren’t the same without Hawk Harrelson.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    White Sox broadcasts just aren’t the same without Hawk Harrelson.
    I sincerely disliked him
    The rebuild is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I sincerely disliked him
    I didn’t say if that was a good thing or a bad thing. He was much more tolerable when the Pale Hose were losing.

And maybe he was slightly better on Red Sox games since he played here. But he definitely could be insufferable at times.

OTOH his rant on Joe West re. Mark Buerle’s balks was classic.
    Last edited by illinoisredsox; 06-25-2019 at 06:45 PM.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough