Register now to remove this ad

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/26 White Sox @ Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    I don't agree that Barnes did not make pitches that could have and frankly should have had Abreu. Its not like Abreu was just toying with Barnes like Kansas City's Perez was toying with somebody I can't remember from 3 years ago. Abreu just beat him. Several of those that Abreu fouled off should have had him out as Barnes was working him up and down, Curve and FB. Even Mookie's 12 pitch job was not IMO as impressive as what Abreu did here.

Barnes is no closer though. The amount of intensity that hitters bring to the ninth inning requires somebody that can sustain and perform through that...in other words, beat the hitter as opposed to the hitter winning the battle.

I would also offer something I have posted before. Barnes is not as effective on the second day of back to back stint days. No idea why Barnes was thrown into yesterday's game where he was thrown in. That was a waste and we don't have arms to waste.
    Thank you.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    No, I appreciate a great AB or play even if it’s by another team. Barnes messed up with the first 2 hitters. That’s what killed him. He threw some great pitches to Abreu and Abreu showed why he’s one of the best hitters in the game by fighting them off.

Didn’t see d-money’s reply because he’s such nattering nabob of negativism that he usually is on ignore; I find it’s just better not to see his drivel. He disappears completely when things go well.
    It's natural to get upset after a loss like this though. I'm not saying you're wrong, but Barnes blew it again. Simple as that..... Whether he had good pitchers or not. He blew it as he has all season. But all the blame does not go on him. The offense did what they needed to do so they are off the hook in my opinion. But Sale needs to be better. Yes he rebounded but man that first inning was a total train wreck. If he comes out with a strong first we win this regardless how that 9th played out. The pitching was not good today from top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    The SOX must be leading the AL in BS.
    No, not Bull Shit. Blown Saves.

10 games behind the Yankees in the loss column. This season is fucked unless DD pulls a rabbit out of the bag. This bullpen is not going to cut it.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Closing ain't easy .

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    No, not Bull Shit. Blown Saves.
    Although there is a lot of Bull Shit in the SOX pen.

Major Leaguer oldmaninthevegasdesert's Avatar
    No, I appreciate a great AB or play even if it’s by another team. Barnes messed up with the first 2 hitters. That’s what killed him. He threw some great pitches to Abreu and Abreu showed why he’s one of the best hitters in the game by fighting them off.

Didn’t see d-money’s reply because he’s such nattering nabob of negativism that he usually is on ignore; I find it’s just better not to see his drivel. He disappears completely when things go well.
    I hear you...I have made a good living betting on sports through the years,so I am a results driven person....gave up on IF, a long time ago,

I blame the loss on a700 messing with Tyler’s mojo.

I’ve betting for a while in baseball games, and the most unpredictable team is the Chicago Whote Sox. Just watch how this series went. Today, they just confirmed my argument.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

ditto lol.

Major Leaguer oldmaninthevegasdesert's Avatar
    enjoy the days off gentlemen

Mojo is meaningless.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Tough loss, but I'm madder at Sale than Barnes, and I'm madder at the rotation than at the bullpen. The Sox are paying Barnes, Brewer, Brasier, Workman, and Walden a total of $5.1M, less than half of what Kimbrel will get this year and about 1/4 of what Sale is being paid.

Nevertheless, I agree with the consensus that DD should be looking for bullpen help even at this late date. I say this because I wouldn't invest a penny or a prospect in a starter. They just aren't worth the money they expect to get.

I missed the entire game, a rarity for me, but am delighted at how the hitters got the Sox back it.

One more thing. I do defend Cora relentlessly, but this time agree with whoever says Barnes should have been pulled after those two singles, one of which was cancelled by the CS by Vazquez. That was a pretty fat fastball--middle inside--Abreu hammered for the game winner.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 06-26-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Closing ain't easy .
    It's not. That's why the title does not apply to any reliever we have on the roster at the moment. And this, THIS is what happens to a team that does not have a guy who can come in and shut the door. You have 16 blown saves on the year thru approx 80 games. We can kiss the division good bye.
    Last edited by YastrzemskI; 06-26-2019 at 04:03 PM.
    The Bills, The Bruins, The Sabres & The Red Sox.

Mojo is meaningless.
    Okay, then you are to blame for “blatantly flouting the long standing Game Thread starting etiquette”.

Either way you are guilty counselor.
    Last edited by illinoisredsox; 06-26-2019 at 04:04 PM.