Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 567

Thread: 6/26 White Sox @ Boston Red Sox

  1. #1
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    It's the bullpen, stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  2. #2
    1. Leury Garcia (S) SS
    2. Yoan Moncada (S) 3B
    3. Jose Abreu (R) 1B
    4. James McCann (R) C
    5. Eloy Jimenez (R) LF
    6. Jon Jay (L) DH
    7. Jose Rondon (R) 2B
    8. Ryan Cordell (R) CF
    9. Charlie Tilson (L) RF


    1. Mookie Betts (R) RF
    2. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
    3. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
    4. J.D. Martinez (R) LF
    5. Jackie Bradley Jr. (L) CF
    6. Michael Chavis (R) 1B
    7. Marco Hernandez (L) 2B
    8. Eduardo Nunez (R) DH
    9. Sandy Leon (S) C

    Liking 1,2,3 in our batting order. I think Cora should stick with this even if Beni is in the lineup.

  3. #3
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    21,733
    Benintendi is 'banged up' per Cora.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  4. #4
    My bad forgot it was an early start time. Stupid work.

    Hope Sale rebounds. His last start was not the greatest.

  5. #5
    It’s a very rough bottom 4 of our order today.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    It's the bullpen, stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  6. #6
    Though I think there is a possibility that Beni is banged up, I think our boy Alex is sliding into Farrellisms. We are going to "protect" David Price. Beni is "banged up". Ah...... fond memories of those Farrellisms.

    Then again, I don't have fond memories of that walking Port-o-potty walking out to the mound for pitching changes. Cora can't duplicate any of that on a bet.
    Last edited by jung; 06-26-2019 at 10:13 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Though I think there is a possibility that Beni is banged up, I think our boy Alex is sliding into Farrellisms. We are going to "protect" David Price. Bini is "banged up". Ah...... fond memories of those Farrellisms.
    If he starts with that “he impacted the ball” garbage I will just turn off the TV or radio when he starts to talk.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    It's the bullpen, stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Though I think there is a possibility that Beni is banged up, I think our boy Alex is sliding into Farrellisms. We are going to "protect" David Price. Beni is "banged up". Ah...... fond memories of those Farrellisms.

    Then again, I don't have fond memories of that walking Port-o-potty walking out to the mound for pitching changes. Cora can't duplicate any of that on a bet.
    Which believe it or not I am fine with if we are winning the division by a mile. Being that we are tied for a second Wildcard spot and really can't afford to lose this game with the Yanks coming up I would be absolutely pissed to find out he is resting guys when he shouldn't.

  9. #9
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    21,733
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Though I think there is a possibility that Beni is banged up, I think our boy Alex is sliding into Farrellisms. We are going to "protect" David Price. Beni is "banged up". Ah...... fond memories of those Farrellisms.
    I think it's all Tito-isms, actually.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  10. #10
    Maybe WTF got tired of watching Beni half ass run out ground balls,granted he has not been the only one, but sometimes you just need to make an example out of someone on the playground.

  11. #11
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    26,915
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    1. Leury Garcia (S) SS
    2. Yoan Moncada (S) 3B
    3. Jose Abreu (R) 1B
    4. James McCann (R) C
    5. Eloy Jimenez (R) LF
    6. Jon Jay (L) DH
    7. Jose Rondon (R) 2B
    8. Ryan Cordell (R) CF
    9. Charlie Tilson (L) RF


    1. Mookie Betts (R) RF
    2. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
    3. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
    4. J.D. Martinez (R) LF
    5. Jackie Bradley Jr. (L) CF
    6. Michael Chavis (R) 1B
    7. Marco Hernandez (L) 2B
    8. Eduardo Nunez (R) DH
    9. Sandy Leon (S) C

    Liking 1,2,3 in our batting order. I think Cora should stick with this even if Beni is in the lineup.
    Devers seemed to really like the 2 spot yesterday.
    Sox 4 Ever

  12. #12
    If you were informed before the season started that the SOX Ace would be 3-7 at the exact half-way point of the season, what would you have guessed the SOX W/L record would be?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    If you were informed before the season started that the SOX Ace would be 3-7 at the exact half-way point of the season, what would you have guessed the SOX W/L record would be?
    Also throw in the information that Eovaldi would pretty much be unable to pitch in the 1st half.

  14. #14
    When listing starting pitching, the two stats that I believe give the most indication of the pitcher's season is ERA and WHIP.
    Based on Sale's WHIP 1.02, his ERA 3.59 is unusually high.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 06-26-2019 at 11:44 AM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    If you were informed before the season started that the SOX Ace would be 3-7 at the exact half-way point of the season, what would you have guessed the SOX W/L record would be?
    Honestly I would predict right where we are at. I would have still thought our offense would carry us and we would get some wins there plus we still have Price and Porcello. I wouldn't have predicted another World Series type year but I would have still thought we would be competing for a wild card spot which we are

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •