Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 06/30/19 Yankees (Tarpley) @ Red Sox (E-Rod)

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Disagree on the air or whatever. I watched the first four innings. Neither starter had life on their fastball. Both of their sliders had a loop to them. They were more slurves than sliders, and slurves are far easier to recognize and lay off of. Both Tanaka and Porcello’s 2 seamers were wild or lacked the typical down and in movement to a RHH. Both of them came out flat and the hitters were ready.

If it was the lighting, the pitchers would have the advantage. The ball wasnt “jumping” out of the stadium either. Every ball struck was center cut. In YS or Fenway, there may have been a few more dingers or wall balls.

Maybe it was the jet lag? Maybe the two starters took in the sights more than adhered to a routine. Either way, I doubt we see a Yanks-Sox game over there again.

Today we are avoiding our old lefties on makeshift turf. I am worried about this field for safety issues. Hastily built fields usually lead to injuries and seeing Voit and Bogey go down doesn’t sway me from that position. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Yanks rest Judge and Sanchez today just to avoid injury

Neither starter had life? Those guys were throwing 145 kph out there!!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    1. DJ LeMahieu (R) 1B
    2. Aaron Judge (R) RF
    3. Aaron Hicks (S) CF
    4. Gary Sanchez (R) C
    5. Edwin Encarnacion (R) DH
    6. Didi Gregorius (L) SS
    7. Gleyber Torres (R) 2B
    8. Gio Urshela (R) 3B
    9. Brett Gardner (L) LF

1. Mookie Betts (R) RF
    2. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
    3. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
    4. J.D. Martinez (R) DH
    5. Michael Chavis (R) 1B
    6. Christian Vazquez (R) C
    7. Jackie Bradley Jr. (L) CF
    8. Eduardo Nunez (R) 2B
    9. Sam Travis (R) LF

Fucktard Beni sitting....finally....Cora discovers the only way to protect Beni in the batting order....DON"T PUT HIM IN THE LINEUP.

See why I’ve been saying since December this team needs a fourth outfielder?

They didn’t use JD Martinez and put XXX at DH...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Last 10 games LeMahieu is hitting .537 with 16 runs scored and 18 RBI's, pretty good signing. Cora would probably rest him, we need him for Sept.
    You got to start thinking MVP for this guy.

It’s amazing how many people in hindsight wish we had Le Mahieu.

The Sox didn’t have any bliss anywhere’s in the infield this off-season. Pedroia was still in play and the Sox had Nunez and Holt.

Considering how many voids the Sox actually had where Dombrowski did nothing, why are we suddenly complaining about a void he didn’t have where he did nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post

Sam Travis will make you eat those words today. Today is the Day of Sam.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Legend
    Last 36 games JBJ is hitting .320 with 9 HRS and 11 Doubles. That's some serious hitting.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 06-30-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Deity

I think they thought that "other OFer" was Pearce errrrr......Holt.......errrrr.....Brian Johnson?????

Much has gone wrong this year for a team with this much talent but no depth.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Sam Travis will make you eat those words today. Today is the Day of Sam.
    Like your thinking.

Legend
    It’s amazing how many people in hindsight wish we had Le Mahieu.

The Sox didn’t have any bliss anywhere’s in the infield this off-season. Pedroia was still in play and the Sox had Nunez and Holt.

Considering how many voids the Sox actually had where Dombrowski did nothing, why are we suddenly complaining about a void he didn’t have where he did nothing?
    You don't think he's not in the discussion for MVP? That was a good signing by the Yanks, worked out good for them. He was signed and they had Absolutely no room for him, infield all set, Outfield too. Yet they signed him. They couldn't know all the injuries.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 06-30-2019 at 08:38 AM.

Deity
    So Cubs and Cardinals apparently going over to London next year. What Manfred....you don't think this thing deserves a mercy killing?

Oh I see....its your idea.....Never mind.

All-Star
    Today's game will answer all that. I think MLB is woeeying about nextyear;s gane. I today is another 30 run game, the evidence will tell us the story

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    Today's game will answer all that. I think MLB is woeeying about nextyear;s gane. I today is another 30 run game, the evidence will tell us the story
    Oh NO....I INSIST THEY GO NEXT YEAR. MLB is insistent that it will make a fool of itself.....I am not only not going to stand in their way now that we have been sucked into their continuing madness. I insist EVERYBODY get a shot at being a part of this further embarrassment.

Deity
    Look at that sky. With any luck we will be treated to a real London rain storm and that MIGHT be the coup d' grace.

Legend
    I Love Our Anthem.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Look at that sky. With any luck we will be treated to a real London rain storm and that MIGHT be the coup d' grace.
    No luck....sky clearing. Manfred elves at work again.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    You don't think he's not in the discussion for MVP? That was a good signing by the Yanks, worked out good for them. He was signed and they had Absolutely no room for him, infield all set, Outfield too. Yet they signed him. They couldn't know all the injuries.
    It was a good signing, but Bogaerts is having a better year and was a great extension, yet no one is putting him in the discussion for MVP.

Anyway, the LeMahieu discussion for MVP begins and ends with the phrase “Not Trout.” But that wasn’t my point. My point was DD ignored the bullpen and did an incomplete job with a lot of depth on the pitching staff, and somehow you’re thinking he missed on LeMahieu because Pedroia was uncertain?

Given the lack of all around depth on this team - Sam Freakin’ Travis is starting in LF today, FYI,l - singling out the infield as the miss is nothing but hindsight.

Dombrowski also missed out on Derek Dietrich, who is having a better year and fit everyone’s budget and plays even more positions (although not as well) was a much bigger miss...